Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 841,021
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really want to know the way to decrypt an encrypted native-firm.bin or .cia like rxTools (2.6 & 3.0) does in the "installation data suite".
I tried the "dump system titles" option in the rxtools menu and after that it asked me if I want to decrypt them but the result files are not in the same format that the files into rxTools\data\ ...
I don't really undertand, so I need help. Can I do it with decrypt9 ?
I already posted my question here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can...s-and-more-specifically-a-native-firm.395880/
You say rxTools can decrypt .CIA files? Haven't seen that feature yet. 'Dump System Titles' in rxTools does something else, it dumps all the stuff installed in system. Not all too useful, though, and you can do this also manually from the decrypted CTRNAND image (which Decrypt9 provides). I also read your forum post, and I'd suggest you just get the 0004013800000002 title from the CTRNAND image (you'll manage...), then put that into /D9titles/ and use the CTR Rom Decryptor in Decrypt9 to try and decrypt that.

i has a nand backup from my death old new3ds, i was buy a new3ds again, now... Can i decripter my old nand backup and flash in my new new3ds?
That is wrong in even two ways... O3DS and N3DS NANDs are not compatible. Also, you can never restore a NAND backup from one console to another console. Think about it - if it was that easy, downgrading would be a snap, and 9.2 N3DS consoles wouldn't sell for upwards of $250.

hmmmm, i did think that this program could make this.... ( T^T)
for other part, the data from me old sd... This program could pass the data (from sdcard) for that this works in the new console?
Even that is not possible... thank Nintendo for making things unneccesarily complicated.

i want to know,is this version can backup&restore eumnand?(i mean if i use the emunand version)
when i try to backup eumnand,i get the nand.bin,i do not sure it is right thing.if it is eumnand backup,can you rename it with "emu" when decrypt9 creat it.
The EmuNAND function, at this point is experimental. Even Shadowtrances readme says, you should not use NAND backup / restore in the EmuNAND version. We can make it work, but we won't put any more work into that version before people have actually tested EmuNAND compatibility with the other features and told us that it works.

Reactions: pakrett

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
That is wrong in even two ways... O3DS and N3DS NANDs are not compatible. Also, you can never restore a NAND backup from one console to another console. Think about it - if it was that easy, downgrading would be a snap, and 9.2 N3DS consoles wouldn't sell for upwards of $250.

I not said that me old nand backup was from o3ds, it is from a n3ds.

leaving that aside, I wonder which data can move/restorer from the dead console to the new console. Either the sdcard or nand. if not, then nothing.

Even that is not possible... thank Nintendo for making things unneccesarily complicated.
Sorry, i read now this...

Then, what can make this program?

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I not said that me old nand backup was from o3ds, it is from a n3ds.
leaving that aside, I wonder which data can move/restorer from the dead console to the new console. Either the sdcard or nand. if not, then nothing.
Sorry, i read now this...
Then, what can make this program?

I read that worng with your old console...

In your situation, if you want to move anything from your old console to your new one, the only ones that can help are Nintendo. But, you know, their migration service requires you to update first. Might be a viable option if you have a NAND mod on the new N3DS.

The old backup... without xorpads or the old N3DS still working for decryption, you can not even extract the ticket.db. There's nothing you can do with that backup. If the mainboard of the old one is not broken, you may be able to do a mainboard swap (maybe ask someone with the skills?), then you would have everything as it was again.

By the way, might be wrong to ask now, but if the broken one is a regular N3DS, and you inted to sell the spare parts, I'm desparately in search of the L/ZL button flex cable unit.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
YEAH!! I has these pieze, but wait until i make me hardmod in the new console (the old nand burn)

then, if i call to nintendo... them can help me? O.o
Call Nintendo, explain them the situation. Their phone support is actually quite helpful. Best to do it right away, so you know your options (you don't have to do the migration right away). Note that they will only migrate stuff that you actually bought (I think that was clear anyways). If you have to send anything in, they won't help you with modded consoles either.

Or do the mainboard swap. Might be the most viable option for you, and there will still be spare parts ;).

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You say rxTools can decrypt .CIA files? Haven't seen that feature yet. 'Dump System Titles' in rxTools does something else, it dumps all the stuff installed in system. Not all too useful, though, and you can do this also manually from the decrypted CTRNAND image (which Decrypt9 provides).
Yes of course rxTools can't convert or even decrypt .cia but on the first boot, it decrypt the firmware.bin (wich is a compilation of the encrypted native-firm + agb-firm + twl-firm) on the root of the SDcard into three decrypted .bin files and put it in the rxTools\data\ folder. It's for increase the boot speed of the CFW for next time. It's a new feature of rxTools 2.6 and 3.0 but it's completely automatic, so not very useful for what I want to do.
I also read your forum post, and I'd suggest you just get the 0004013800000002 title from the CTRNAND image (you'll manage...), then put that into /D9titles/ and use the CTR Rom Decryptor in Decrypt9 to try and decrypt that.
This part is more interesting ^^ You think I can really decrypt a system title with the "CTR Rom Decryptor" option, awesome XD

So few questions :
To get the 0004013800000002 title from the CTRNAND image like you said, I need a Decrypt9 CTRNAND image but as I know I can't run decrypt9 on 2.X so I need a decrypted 2.X emuNAND image, is it possible to do that with decrypt9 ?

Also, I don't have a 2.X NAND backup so what I was thinking is to downgrade an emuNAND to 2.X with sysUpdater_4.1 and to work on this emuNAND. But I can't launch it with the current CFWs like cake, rx or even rei, that's why I need the decrypted 2.0 native-firm, to launch my 2.0 emuNAND.

But maybe I need a fully working 2.0 sysNAND backup, so do you think it's safe to downgrade my sysnand to 2.0 with sysUpdater ? When I will be in 2.0 sysNAND, how can I backup the nand without an hardmode ? And in the decrypt9 format ? Because I guess that, like gateway NAND.BIN(s) the backup that you get with an hardmode is encrypted, right ?

BTW I was talking about that with @Ronhero.

Last edited by pakrett,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Decrypt9 running on my 9.0.0 N3DSXL but I am having an issue when it comes to generating Xorpads

I click and drag the rom over the ncchinfogen.py script to generate a ncchinfo.bin copy that to the decrypt9 folder along with the slotkey.bin even though its not needed. and when i click A to do a Xorpad gen. it says it cant read the slotkey.bin and cant read the NCCHinfo.bin as well as other.bin files. it just wont generate a Xorpad.

I read that i shouldnt click and drag but instead run it through python. but exactly how do i do that? im not familiar with python.

i have tried right clicking the *****.py script and choosing opening with... but no luck

do i have to throw commands at it to use the script im clueless???

any ideas? thanks for the help...

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes of course rxTools can't convert or even decrypt .cia but on the first boot, it decrypt the firmware.bin (wich is a compilation of the encrypted native-firm + agb-firm + twl-firm) on the root of the SDcard into three decrypted .bin files and put it in the rxTools\data\ folder. It's for increase the boot speed of the CFW for next time. It's a new feature of rxTools 2.6 and 3.0 but it's completely automatic, so not very useful for what I want to do.

This part is more interesting ^^ You think I can really decrypt a system title with the "CTR Rom Decryptor" option, awesome XD

So few questions :
To get the 0004013800000002 title from the CTRNAND image like you said, I need a Decrypt9 CTRNAND image but as I know I can't run decrypt9 on 2.X so I need a decrypted 2.X emuNAND image, is it possible to do that with decrypt9 ?

Also, I don't have a 2.X NAND backup so what I was thinking is to downgrade an emuNAND to 2.X with sysUpdater_4.1 and to work on this emuNAND. But I can't launch it with the current CFWs like cake, rx or even rei, that's why I need the decrypted 2.0 native-firm, to launch my 2.0 emuNAND.

But maybe I need a fully working 2.0 sysNAND backup, so do you think it's safe to downgrade my sysnand to 2.0 with sysUpdater ? When I will be in 2.0 sysNAND, how can I backup the nand without an hardmode ? And in the decrypt9 format ? Because I guess that, like gateway NAND.BIN(s) the backup that you get with an hardmode is encrypted, right ?

BTW I was talking about that with @Ronhero.
Just generate the NAND FAT16 xorpad via Decrypt9 (when on any working FW version). Then use the xorpad and my 3DSFAT16tool on any encrypted NAND backup (any FW, but same 3DS) to decrypt it. Don't try any funny stuff in SysNAND, downgrade only on EmiNAND.

I have Decrypt9 running on my 9.0.0 N3DSXL but I am having an issue when it comes to generating Xorpads

I click and drag the rom over the ncchinfogen.py script to generate a ncchinfo.bin copy that to the decrypt9 folder along with the slotkey.bin even though its not needed. and when i click A to do a Xorpad gen. it says it cant read the slotkey.bin and cant read the NCCHinfo.bin as well as other.bin files. it just wont generate a Xorpad.

I read that i shouldnt click and drag but instead run it through python. but exactly how do i do that? im not familiar with python.

i have tried right clicking the *****.py script and choosing opening with... but no luck

do i have to throw commands at it to use the script im clueless???

any ideas? thanks for the help...
In Shadowtrances version, the .bin files go to /Decrypt9, in mine to / (root). Does that solve it?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just generate the NAND FAT16 xorpad via Decrypt9 (when on any working FW version). Then use the xorpad and my 3DSFAT16tool on any encrypted NAND backup (any FW, but same 3DS) to decrypt it. Don't try any funny stuff in SysNAND, downgrade only on EmiNAND
Thank you for all ! And of course thank you for this awesome tool ^^

Last edited by pakrett,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d0k3 said:
In Shadowtrances version, the .bin files go to /Decrypt9, in mine to / (root). Does that solve it?

thanks so much headaches are now gone...

indeed it has fixed it. I was unaware that there was also another decrypt9 folder the one in ROOT is where the files go. not inside the 3ds decrypt9

I've managed to create my own Xorpads now. what's the next step to decrypting these 5 Xorpads. do I open them in 3DS explorer and just save as... or what.

sorry for the questions I've spent 6hrs plus yesterday trying this on my own but I need some assistance now. I have tried using another tutorial found on gbatemp that involves using files from a folder called "PACK HACK" asia18 made that thread it's about decrypting and rebuilding example used was PKMN OR/AS...

when running my Xorpad through the file hackingtoolkit.bat located inside pack hack folder and selecting SDK6 /SDK7 it always came back with an error exheader mismatch wrong key. at the time I was using "donated" xorpads from unmentionable. would that cause the issue with that tool giving me an error cause they weren't from my own retail dump but in fact some one elses?. ( I went the "donated" route because of the trouble I was having creating my own but I managed to do that thanks to @d0k3. just need help with the next step now.

as always I appreciate all the help.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what you plan on doing with the decrypted game files.
Do you plan to just poke around and look at the files inside the game?
Or convert it to cia?
etc
etc...

Also, there's a README.txt in my version for a reason. :P (hint: read it people!). :P

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends what you plan on doing with the decrypted game files.
Do you plan to just poke around and look at the files inside the game?
Or convert it to cia?
etc
etc...

Also, there's a README.txt in my version for a reason. :P (hint: read it people!). :P

I apologize for my ignorance this is my first attempt and I did in fact read the readme. but found nothing in there that was useful to me as I already have decrypt9 running via Ninjhax and my Xorpads Generated. unless there's another readme I missed. this one was only 1-2 page long

I just want to have access to the files. such as binj etc... and Idk what program I'm supposed to run these encrypted xorpads through to decrypt the rom (3dsxplorer ctrtool?) and then open them up to view the files (if that's how this works??). I'm lost

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize for my ignorance this is my first attempt and I did in fact read the readme. but found nothing in there that was useful to me as I already have decrypt9 running via Ninjhax and my Xorpads Generated. unless there's another readme I missed. this one was only 1-2 page long

I just want to have access to the files. such as binj etc... and Idk what program I'm supposed to run these encrypted xorpads through to decrypt the rom (3dsxplorer ctrtool?) and then open them up to view the files (if that's how this works??). I'm lost

Ah ok. ctrtool is what you want to extract the romfs.bin etc

Also, for future reference, you don't really have to deal with xorpads (unless really needed) as you can decrypt the rom ( .3ds file ) directly on the 3ds with D9 then it's just a matter of extracting the romfs etc with ctrtool.

Luckily i have an easy to use batch file setup that i use myself with the above method. :) https://mega.nz/#!aIZw1JzI!FOmbVe6K8Sg0pI-Tqykap7a-T31ZbDUHYcwue7sksvQ

Just drag n drop your decrypted .3ds on it and choose an option. :)

The option you need to use in D9 before this though is "Rom Decryption" and just put your rom(s) in the D9titles folder in the Decrypt9 folder on the sd root.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@d0k3 Did you know the way I have to follow to decrypt any native-firm file ?
I can't decryp correctly any system files, I followed your intructions but the result files are odd...
For exemple If I want to decryp some 9.2 system titles. (I'm on 9.2 sysNAND)
So I need to decrypt and dump CTRNAND, correct ?
After that I mount this decrypted system image file and search for the title 0004013800000002, grab and copy 00000009.app into D9titles/ and tell decrypt9 to decrypt it ? Correct ?

I'm tired to try I don't understand why the result files are always not correct...
Are there multiple forms of decrypted titles ?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@d0k3 Did you know the way I have to follow to decrypt any native-firm file ?
I can't decryp correctly any system files, I followed your intructions but the result files are odd...
For exemple If I want to decryp some 9.2 system titles. (I'm on 9.2 sysNAND)
So I need to decrypt and dump CTRNAND, correct ?
After that I mount this decrypted system image file and search for the title 0004013800000002, grab and copy 00000009.app into D9titles/ and tell decrypt9 to decrypt it ? Correct ?

I'm tired to try I don't understand why the result files are always not correct...
Are there multiple forms of decrypted titles ?
@motezazer has helped me, once decrypted, the exefs content of "00000009.app" need to be extracted by ctrtool with this two commands :
Code:
ctrtool(.exe) -t ncch -p --exefs=ExeFS.bin 00000009.app

ctrtool(.exe) -t exefs --exefsdir=ExeFS ExeFS.bin
The result will be a fully decrypted firm.bin in a ExeFS/ folder.

Last edited by pakrett,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@motezazer has helped me, once decrypted, the exefs content of "00000009.app" need to be extracted by ctrtool with this two commands :
Code:
ctrtool(.exe) -t ncch -p --exefs=ExeFS.bin 00000009.app

ctrtool(.exe) -t exefs --exefsdir=ExeFS ExeFS.bin
The result will be a firm.bin in a ExeFS/ folder.

Well, of course you need to extract the Exefs from the decrypted title if what you need is in the Exefs ;). The decryption itself worked correct, right?

I'll think about including a title extractor feature... Shouldnt even be all that difficult to do. 3DS <-> CIA converter is also still on my list, but that is a lot more complicated, so unlikely to be ready soon.

Reactions: pakrett

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning