Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 842,711
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, I promised a proof-of-concept for my new project, GodMode9, and here it is.

It is still pretty ugly and doesn't do anything useful by itself right now. What it does right now is let you browse (that means only display filenames right now!) the files and folders on your SD card, on your SysNAND CTRNAND/TWLN/TWLP and on your EmuNAND0 CTRNAND/TWLN/TWLP.

When finished this won't be near as refined as CTRXplorer (if you haven't yet, check it out!) is, the two reasons being, that (1) ARM9 doesn't give me the same graphical possibilities and, and (2) a small bug on ARM9 can have dire consequences, especially for those without a NANDmod. So, I will keep it simple.

This is what this will be able to do later:
  • Copy files between SDcard and all NAND partitions (there will be extra safety for writing to NAND)
  • Possibly moving/deleting files, but still up for discussion.
  • Creating folders (not looking forward to implementing the name input method :/)
  • Possibly supporting multi EmuNAND (not simple to do, FATFS only supports 10 partitions mounted max)
That's right, no hex-/textviewers or other bells and whistles. The purpose of this is for you to get in, do what you need to do, get out and continue elsewhere.

As many of you will be too lazy to try it themselves, here are some screenshots (button is [X], by the way):
snap000.png
snap001.png
snap002.png
snap003.png

Oh, and if you want to try it, no worries. All the NAND writing stuff is stubbed, nothing bad will happen.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, is the emuNAND injection without risk if I want to insert a 2days younger same emuNAND backup to replace the actual one? I received the update nag and browser block yesterday. And what will I lose? todays gamesaves will be replaced with their state two days ago?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, is the emuNAND injection without risk if I want to insert a 2days younger same emuNAND backup to replace the actual one? I received the update nag and browser block yesterday. And what will I lose? todays gamesaves will be replaced with their state two days ago?
Saves are prolly on SD, so I'd say anything installed will be on SD but not considered installed by system and settings changes will be undone.
Worst case, make a backup before you restore and observe.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, I hope you can help me with this:
I installed A9LH and now I want to install TWLFirm on both emunand and sysNand. The problem is with sysnand, because when I load decrypt9WIP with A9LH directly, I get an error when I try to extract h&s from sysnand. I also tried to launch AuReinand in sysnand mode by pressing R, it launched fine, launched homebrew menu using ninjhax but when I try to launch decrypt9 or any other app, it just returns me to the homebrew menu again, I don't know why this happens.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed A9LH and now I want to install TWLFirm on both emunand and sysNand. The problem is with sysnand, because when I load decrypt9WIP with A9LH directly, I get an error when I try to extract h&s from sysnand. I also tried to launch AuReinand in sysnand mode by pressing R, it launched fine, launched homebrew menu using ninjhax but when I try to launch decrypt9 or any other app, it just returns me to the homebrew menu again, I don't know why this happens.
I installed A9LH so I just make AuReinand boot directly into sysNAND by default and then I hold L to enter my 9.2 emuNAND and use Decrypt9 just fine.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed A9LH so I just make AuReinand boot directly into sysNAND by default and then I hold L to enter my 9.2 emuNAND and use Decrypt9 just fine.

This happens because some stuff required for decryption is not (yet?) accessible via A9LH. The solution given by piratesepiroth will work, though.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@d0k3 , can you add a way for us to input data (title id, common key index and encrypted title key) directly into Decrypt9 and have the decrypted titlekey outputted to the screen?

It's kinda annoying always having to make that "enctitlekeys.bin" when we want titlekys for stuff that 's not installed.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oops forgot to say I also tried launching synand pressing L but didn't launch, but it was because I forgot to put firmware90.bin in rei/ and it launched fine, but this is really weird, I can launch any app except Decrypt9 and Emunand9, because they return me to the homebrew menu. I tried updating the homebrew launcher and it didn't work. Then I renamed Decrypt9.3dsx to boot.3dsx so it launches inmediatly, but it just gets in a loop where the red screen flashes but it doesn't boot.

Edit: Ok, this is evein weirder. Now it worked out of nowhere.

Last edited by darklinkpower,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 , can you add a way for us to input data (title id, common key index and encrypted title key) directly into Decrypt9 and have the decrypted titlekey outputted to the screen?

It's kinda annoying always having to make that "enctitlekeys.bin" when we want titlekys for stuff that 's not installed.
I think it would be better to have a small command line utility to generate the enctitlekeys.bin from human readable data (textfile for example). You won't get a virtual keyboard on ARM9, and implementing a different input method would be a pain in the ass too ;).

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it would be better to have a small command line utility to generate the enctitlekeys.bin from human readable data (textfile for example). You won't get a virtual keyboard on ARM9, and implementing a different input method would be a pain in the ass too ;).
Even if it had a simple password screen style, where we select the letters one by one, like in old games, would already be enough.

Even if we had to just select the positions with left and right and change the digits with up and down it would already be cool, heheh

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
Reactions: AyanamiRei

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even if it had a simple password screen style, where we select the letters one by one, like in old games, would already be enough.

Even if we had to just select the positions with left and right and change the digits with up and down it would already be cool, heheh
Asking this... what would be the source of your input data (title id, common key index and encrypted title key)? Any manual input method with these long numbers would be tedious and very error prone, leading to more frustration than good I think.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Asking this... what would be the source of your input data (title id, common key index and encrypted title key)? Any manual input method with these long numbers would be tedious and very error prone, leading to more frustration than good I think.
We can get that info from a legitimate ticket, or even from a CIA made from NUS content with make_cdn_cia (Decrypt9 couldn't handle these last time I tried, by the way).
I know the title key is kinda long but as long as you add spaces between its bytes it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We can get that info from a legitimate ticket, or even from a CIA made from NUS content with make_cdn_cia (Decrypt9 couldn't handle these last time I tried, by the way).
I know the title key is kinda long but as long as you add spaces between its bytes it wouldn't be too much trouble.
For legitimate tickets, there is already the print_ticket_keys.py script (included in Decrypt9). For CIAs, I guess make_cdn_cia doesn't lend itself to automation (ie, build a enctitlekeys.bin), but putting something together for the PC commandline is not too difficult. I agree that for single keys, putting it in directly might be a tad faster then moving around files.

As for CIAs from NUS, made by make_cdn_cia... I'd need an example, and you should better doublecheck it. I recently checked the FW 1.0.0 (US) package (created from a valid NAND backup). Seven files could not be decrypted, but doublechecking these with NUS content it turned out the non-decryptable CIAs had broken contents (100% sure, cause matching hashes and differing files). Maybe @MassExplosion213 knows more?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For legitimate tickets, there is already the print_ticket_keys.py script (included in Decrypt9). For CIAs, I guess make_cdn_cia doesn't lend itself to automation (ie, build a enctitlekeys.bin), but putting something together for the PC commandline is not too difficult. I agree that for single keys, putting it in directly might be a tad faster then moving around files.

As for CIAs from NUS, made by make_cdn_cia... I'd need an example, and you should better doublecheck it. I recently checked the FW 1.0.0 (US) package (created from a valid NAND backup). Seven files could not be decrypted, but doublechecking these with NUS content it turned out the non-decryptable CIAs had broken contents (100% sure, cause matching hashes and differing files). Maybe @MassExplosion213 knows more?
Knows more about what? I don't pop in too often any more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sonics*