OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is hardmodded with a Wiikey 2 wich works great, but as there are quite a few interesting Wiiware and VC games, i actually want to be able to play them as well.

I already installed the homebrew channel using bannerbomb a few months ago (in order to play emulators) and now I'm wandering the forums in preparation of softmodding my Wii a little further. I prefer understanding what i'm exactly doing and why, rather than following a (wrong) guide step-by-step and ending up with a wii i can only use as a paperweight.

I'm currently on 4.1E (LEF1200). I managed to find a lot of usefull information using the forums, but there are still a few question unanswered. Obviously i need WAD manager, but i'm not sure where to go from that point on (as i find people having problems doing so), so i thought i might annoy you all with my (stupid) questions before continuing.

• Is it just installing wad manager from here on, or is it not that simple 'cause i'm on 4.1? (what about the errors "ret=1035 & ret=2011")
• Do i have to downgrade IOS35. (and others) in order the get (just) VC and Wiiware to work?
• Do i need also need cIOS?

Remember I will only be using it for VC and Wiiware and not for usbloaders etc (dunno if that's usefull information or if that changes anything)
Is there someone who can enlighten my path please? It would be much appreciated!

Kanahpoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i'm well aware, i've read em all ... i just wanted a few tips (and thing i could leave behind) cause i know i'll end up bricking it anyways
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: