waffle1995

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it in my best interest to downgrade my Wii to 4.1U?
(My current firmware is 4.3U)

What are the pros and cons of keeping 4.3U?

What are the pros and cons of having 4.1U?

What are the chances of it bricking the Wii?

Thanks~

Solution
There is no reason to downgrade to 4.1. All of the benefits of 4.1 over 4.3 can be achieved just by using Priiloader (for example, region-free gaming).

As long as you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (1.0.8), you can do anything on 4.3 you can do with 4.1.

The chances of bricking the Wii a very high if you don't know what you are doing. If you really want to downgrade, just make sure you have IOS60 installed and not as a stub. Keep in mind, however, that attempting to downgrade a newer Wii from 4.3 will result in a brick.

My advice to you is to install Priiloader and enable all the hacks you want with that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to downgrade to 4.1. All of the benefits of 4.1 over 4.3 can be achieved just by using Priiloader (for example, region-free gaming).

As long as you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (1.0.8), you can do anything on 4.3 you can do with 4.1.

The chances of bricking the Wii a very high if you don't know what you are doing. If you really want to downgrade, just make sure you have IOS60 installed and not as a stub. Keep in mind, however, that attempting to downgrade a newer Wii from 4.3 will result in a brick.

My advice to you is to install Priiloader and enable all the hacks you want with that.

Solution

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When installing the system menu you have a have a chance to brick your Wii. Just don't power it down in the middle. Why do you want 4.1 anyway? 4.2 is what my system is at and everything is great. AFAIK the only differences with 4.2 and 4.3 is 4.3 wipes out some of the hacks. There are work arounds for all of this now. I reccommend 4.2. You'll have SDHC access and the SD Menu and everything else.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mikefor20, there is no added functionality with 4.2 either. 4.1 is the latest firmware that isn't just anti-homebrew. 4.1 also has SDHC access and the fancy new SD menu.

However, I still do not recommend downgrading. There is absolutely no reason to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...