Hardware Homebrew Do themes made for 4.0U work on 4.3U?

TheStupidGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a stupid question, I know. I'm asking this because I wanna get a certain theme but as far as I know, it was only tested (or made) in 4.0U. If I installed it on 4.3U, would it work or would it brick my Wii?

Follow up question, is it possible to make it work on current version?

Thanks!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a stupid question, I know. I'm asking this because I wanna get a certain theme but as far as I know, it was only tested (or made) in 4.0U. If I installed it on 4.3U, would it work or would it brick my Wii?

Follow up question, is it possible to make it work on current version?

Thanks!
Yes, it should work. Before installing it on your System Menu, best to try it out with Dolphin first. If it doesn't work, then you'll need to recompile the theme to make it compatible.

TheStupidGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it should work. Before installing it on your System Menu, best to try it out with Dolphin first. If it doesn't work, then you'll need to recompile the theme to make it compatible.
Thanks! I'll try it on dolphin, and if it doesn't work I'll reply back. And if I do, how can I recompile? (Answer if I reply again)
Post automatically merged:

Yes, it should work. Before installing it on your System Menu, best to try it out with Dolphin first. If it doesn't work, then you'll need to recompile the theme to make it comp
I am very stupid. I couldn't load the homebrew channel on Dolphin, thus I couldn't install the theme, so like the idiot I am...I installed it on my main wii. Now it's bricked. The only thing I can go to is the Health and Safety warning or whatever. When I click A, it will just send me to a black screen. Priiloader doesn't seem to help either, as it sends me to Open Shop instead of the homebrew channel.

Last edited by TheStupidGuy,

TheStupidGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explain in more detail your priiloader access and how you're loading the open shop. We should be able to make it load something else to fix the issue
I only have Priiloader installed, and I can load into the Priiloader menu (by holding the reset button on the health and safety warning or whatever). The bad part is that when I click "Homebrew Channel", it takes me to Open Shop instead of the actual homebrew channel. When I click "Return to loader" or whatever, it takes me the the health and safety warning.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U can install a dol file in priiloader and launch it. U can build a channel forwarder dol using modmii classic's advanced downloads page to launch the "LULZ" title ID (assuming u have the latest HBC installed), then install and launch it and it should take u to the hbc. Or u can install a dol to launch mymenuify mod directly and install the default theme. Do not install a new system menu wad, it will remove your priiloader (unless u use yawm modmii edition).

Another option is to launch bootmii from priiloader's menu. Then use it to launch the hbc. If bootmii doesn't load make sure u have the bootmii folder saved to your sd card. If bootmii isn't able to launch the hbc, use bootmii's sd/mini launcher to launch bootmini.elf (hackmii installer) to update bootmii and the hbc to their latest versions then it should work

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Save the dol to the root of your sd card (old versions of priiloader need it on root, newer versions do not), then in priiloader go to the installed file menu, and select it. It's intuitive, I think u may be able to launch it without installing in some versions, if not, just install it then launch it

TheStupidGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save the dol to the root of your sd card (old versions of priiloader need it on root, newer versions do not), then in priiloader go to the installed file menu, and select it. It's intuitive, I think u may be able to launch it without installing in some versions, if not, just install it then launch it
It seems to be working! The only thing that isn't working is MyMenuifyMod (not 100% sure), it's stuck on Initializing Network

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye