Downgrading Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lazerith, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    I would like to be able to access gateway wherever I want, even without having an internet connection. So I have a question.

Will I be able to downgrade a 3ds system that was firmware 6.1 out of the box to 4.5? I have the Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL but I don't want to have to keep using the web exploit for gateway.

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    As long as you have the correct region downgrade file for your console, you can downgrade any 3DS or 3DS XL. You can not however downgrade a 2DS or a N3DS. So in your case you can downgrade since it's just a normal XL unit. ;)

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just remember to take a nand dump before you do it ....just in case, although i haven't heard anyone at all get bricked by it, its always smart to have a escape route

4. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    I successfully downgraded my 3ds. Now I am in the gateway menu but even when I have my gateway card in the system, it wont recognize it and still says "insert gateway 3ds card to boot into gateway mode." I had used it with the newer firmware though.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    using the 3.0.1 launcher.dat?

6. Lazerith
    OP

Lazerith GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    United States
    Thanks. I was using the 2.7 launcher.dat on my gateway that had been updated 3.0.1. XD I didn't realize that was what I was doing.

gamesquest1 likes this.