Hacking Downgrading 4.0E -> 3.2E & Virginizing

  • Thread starter Thread starter feidhlim1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,709
  • Replies Replies 49

feidhlim1986

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
305
Reaction score
7
Trophies
1
XP
321
Country
I'm planning on downgrading my Wii from 4.0E to 3.2E (Which I know how to do)
My question is, what IOS's can I delete from 3.2E to bring it back to "factory state"?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I can delete anything above 200, but will there be IOS's from 4.0 left that shouldnt be in 3.2?
Or will Formating at 3.2 take care of all that for me?

Many Thanks.
 
This is the order of going to a Virgin Wii:


Use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to return to 3.2
Install the normal MIOS (if you installed the cMIOS for GC Backups)
Check that every channel and game disc works properly
Check again all your games and everything
Check again all your Channels
Again check everything
Use Any Title Deleter to erase IOS249 since you on 4.0 ios 60 61 any of the usb ios 202 222
if you are sure that everything works, then just perform a FORMAT
Now your Wii is factory restored


do it wrong and suffer the consecuences...!!!
 
menage730 said:
This is the order of going to a Virgin Wii:


Use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to return to 3.2
Install the normal MIOS (if you installed the cMIOS for GC Backups)
Check that every channel and game disc works properly
Check again all your games and everything
Check again all your Channels
Again check everything
Use Any Title Deleter to erase IOS249 since you on 4.0 ios 60 61 any of the usb ios 202 222
if you are sure that everything works, then just perform a FORMAT
Now your Wii is factory restored


do it wrong and suffer the consecuences...!!!

Thanks for that, I also see IOS's 252,253,254,255 Do they belong in 3.2E?
 
Did everything as menage730 posted. Tested my games as I went along. Now, begin to install HBC on 3.2E, and what doesnt boot.....Twilight Princess! It appears in disc channel but just gives me a black screen with un-synced Wiimotes once I click start. All I can say is Bollocks!!!

EDIT
It sounds like IOS9 is gone, but I didnt delete it using AnyTitleDeleter, Is there any game the has an update on Disc that might reinstall it?
 
menage730 said:
try formating again zelda might ask u to update just go ahead make sure zelda is from your region

Yup Zelda is PAL as is my Wii, did another format, no change. The disc isn't scratched or anything.
 
thats strange ive done that over & over & thats never happened all your games or just zelda what ios did you delete
 
Just Zelda. Its the only game I have that uses IOS9. Is there any game that has an update that installs a newer IOS9 or anything? If IOS9 was really gone, would the game even show in the disc channel? I might try a friends copy of Twilight Princess.

MarioKart Wii had an update but it didnt fix the problem.

EDIT: I deleted IOS's 252,253,254,255, 249, 60, 61, 222, 202
 
y you delete all the ios if im not mistaken ios 254 or 255 have something to do with ios 9 i did not tell you to do that yea i remember i had that problem doing the same shit deleting all ios above 200 luckily it was before 4.0 so i was able to update & rehack it there might be a wy around it dunno maybe wiimonkey can help you a little better because honestly i dont know how to correct your problem
 
angry.gif
Why did I listen to you WiiMonkey! Guess I'll just wait for this new BannerBomb expolit, hopefully it will enable installation of HBC.
Is there no Game Disc that installs 3.3 or 3.4 from disc?
 
Your IOS9 might be corrupted. Try uninstalling it in AnyTitle Deleter, then pop in Twilight Princess. The update will only install IOS9.

feidhlim1986 said:
angry.gif
Why did I listen to you WiiMonkey! Guess I'll just wait for this new BannerBomb expolit, hopefully it will enable installation of HBC.
Is there no Game Disc that installs 3.3 or 3.4 from disc?
Wii Music and Animal Crossing have 3.3v1 (no October 23 update).

Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin have 3.4, sans Wii Shop Channel.
 
No IOS254 cant really be really the problem.
It is just a dummy IOS9 to destroy patchmii.

I deleted it today too. I will test if my Zelda still works.
I am PAL btw.
 
Dialexio said:
Your IOS9 might be corrupted. Try uninstalling it in AnyTitle Deleter, then pop in Twilight Princess. The update will only install IOS9.

feidhlim1986 said:
angry.gif
Why did I listen to you WiiMonkey! Guess I'll just wait for this new BannerBomb expolit, hopefully it will enable installation of HBC.
Is there no Game Disc that installs 3.3 or 3.4 from disc?
Wii Music and Animal Crossing have 3.3v1 (no October 23 update).

Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin have 3.4, sans Wii Shop Channel.

I dont think you understand correctly. The reason I need Twilight Princess to work is to install HBC, so how would I use AnyTitle Deleter.

I'll rent a game with 3.4E on it and report back
 
pika9323 said:
No IOS254 cant really be really the problem.
It is just a dummy IOS9 to destroy patchmii.

I deleted it today too. I will test if my Zelda still works.
I am PAL btw.
let me know how it goes
 
correct me if im wrong but if you patch an ios (254 patched 9) then you delete it results in corrupted ios
 
feidhlim1986 said:
I dont think you understand correctly. The reason I need Twilight Princess to work is to install HBC, so how would I use AnyTitle Deleter.

I'll rent a game with 3.4E on it and report back

If you're on 4.0 already then games with lower firmwares won't ask to install. If you don't have the HBC on 4.0, you can't do anything right now. If you have HBC but no cIOS's on 4.0 you're still screwed for right now.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted