Hacking Downgrading 4.0E -> 3.2E & Virginizing

  • Thread starter Thread starter feidhlim1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,709
  • Replies Replies 49
Golfman560 said:
feidhlim1986 said:
I dont think you understand correctly. The reason I need Twilight Princess to work is to install HBC, so how would I use AnyTitle Deleter.

I'll rent a game with 3.4E on it and report back

If you're on 4.0 already then games with lower firmwares won't ask to install. If you don't have the HBC on 4.0, you can't do anything right now. If you have HBC but no cIOS's on 4.0 you're still screwed for right now.

I'm on 3.2E. I downgraded from 4.0 and virginized my Wii back to factory state. But I seem to be without IOS9 or its corrupted.
 
menage730 said:
correct me if im wrong but if you patch an ios (254 patched 9) then you delete it results in corrupted ios
Huh? Deleting an IOS is... just deleting it. I've overwritten and deleted some IOSes (especially cIOS) with no problems, but your mileage may vary.
 
so you telling me that youve deleted everything over 200 formated & didnt have a problem with zelda as far as mileage the wii was bought jan 09 & when it happened to me the only ios i had @ the time was 249 254 255 i mean if it wasnt that then what the heck was it then


lol my son is an ahole i didnt write that mileage comment
 
feidhlim1986 said:
angry.gif
Why did I listen to you WiiMonkey!

Well i downgraded my wii from 3.4 to 3.2 because i wanted a clean non hacked wii and i followed this guide

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Feb 4 2009, 03:56 PM) NEW AND IMPROVED!

This is the new and improved guide. This will eliminate cIOSCORP, Preloader, and anything else you might have done and get your Wii back to a Virgin 3.2 state.

Tools you'll need:

AnyRegionChanger
WADManager
SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD (if your in the US, you want 289, if your in the UK, you want 290)
AnyTitleDeleter
Hacks Remover
Patience

You can get most of these from the Softmii package. SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD will have to be grabbed from somewhere else. There are certian semi-brick fix discs that have these. Remember to grab YOUR REGION's wad! Using a different region WAD will brick your system even more! If you live in the US, get 289. If you live in the UK, get 290. Sorry Japanese people, I don't know the number for your region, but it's not 289 or 290!


First, your going to want to run the Hack Remover. This will remove the hacks.ini file from your Wii. Once your done, you'll need to run the AnyRegionChanger. This will reinstall all your IOS's back to the Nintendo approved content. No more cIOSCORP modified. You can install the Starfall hacks if you'd like, and I suggest you do, just to be on the safe side. Basically, just follow the guide from Softmii at this point for installing 3.2. Just the AnyRegionChanger part. We're trying to get a Virgin Wii here.

If at this point your Wii only loads preloader, you will need to run the Homebrew Channel and install SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD from WADManager.

Next you'll want to run AnyTitleDeleter, and delete the IOS's above 200. such as 249, and anything else that high. Those are your custom IOS's that are used for DVDx and backup launchers. Since we want a virgin Wii, we don't want those installed!

After this process, you will need to run AnyTitleDeleter agian to remove the channel HAXX (Homebrew Channel). If you wish to leave the Homebrew Channel, you may leave HAXX.

Since there are many Wii's with many different configurations, I can't be 100% sure this will work for everyone, so if anyone runs into problems, please let me know.

So its not my fault something went wrong, i managed to do this completely fine
 
ok this is what he did



This is the order of going to a Virgin Wii:


Use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to return to 3.2
Install the normal MIOS (if you installed the cMIOS for GC Backups)
Check that every channel and game disc works properly
Check again all your games and everything
Check again all your Channels
Again check everything
Use Any Title Deleter to erase IOS249 since you on 4.0 ios 60 61 any of the usb ios 202 222
if you are sure that everything works, then just perform a FORMAT
Now your Wii is factory restored


do it wrong and suffer the consecuences...!!!


this is the probem nowhere on your guide does it say format

hes following 2 different guides not saying your way wont work but do it your way & format you will most likely get the same results if not let me know
 
lol good coz my wii is setup on 4.0 now running smoothly and there is no chance im downgrading to prove a point ha ha, to be honest i dont know what has gone wrong
 
lol i dont want to either ive been up & down until perfection i am good the only way id take that journey again is unless i have to i
 
The Following is from an article by Bushing
Link
Code:
All of the Title ID's that begin with “00010000? are discs — 123J, “0000dead”, 121J, 0002, and 122E. I’m going to venture to guess that 1-2 (System Menu), 1-4 (IOS4) and 1-9 (IOS9) are all pre-installed in the NAND FS by an unknown mechanism. The system menu installed is probably the stripped-down, text-only DevKit menu — more on this later. These could also be installed by 123J, but I don’t know how that would work. 1-2 must be installed before any disc may be booted, and 1-2 must have at least IOS9 to function.

If you look at the last line, my understanding of it is without IOS9 no disc would boot, but other than Zelda, mine do so does it mean my IOS9 is still there?

This is a bit of a long shot question, and the answer is probably no but if i took the HBC from another Wii, put it on an SD Card any chance it might let me put it on my own Wii?.......yeah I doubt it
tongue.gif
 
menage730 said:
that wont work what happened with animal crossings it didnt update it for you

I thought as much, I havent gotten a copy of Animal Crossing yet, I was thinking Mario Power Tennis cos it has 3.4 on it apparently and also thinking of renting Super Monkey Ball cos it also uses IOS 9 just to test it.
I'll pick up all 3 tomorrow if I can.
 
I am on System Menu 4.0U and just noticed Twilight Princess is asking me to update when I put the disk in. (I didn't notice this before because I was playing it with USB loader)

This is what I have done to my 4.0U:
Ran IOS downgrader
Deleted IOS 16 and 254 with AnyTitle Deleter because I heard they were only added to prevent installing IOS16 and patchmii

Do you think it is asking me to update because I ran IOS downgrader or because I deleted IOS 254?
 
menage730 said:
i think so do you have preloader
Which one?
IOS downgrader or deleting IOS 254?

Yeah I have preloader
Is it safe to install the update?
EDIT:
Oh I forgot preloader can disable disk updates, that must be why you asked.
Thank you!
 
I could only rent animal crossing, installed 3.3E from disc but still no fix to the problem, I think I need a 3.4 Update on disc but my Xtravision (irish version of Blockbuster) didn't have any games that I know have the 3.4 update on disc.

EDIT: Yes, I'm sure now that a 3.4 update should fix things. It installs IOS9 v520 (an update to IOS9 v516). Is Mario Power Tennis the only game at the moment that has the update on Disc? Or where would I get a list of games with 3.4 on them...I've tried googling. I might have to suck it up and buy mario tennis.....but €30 is a small price to pay in the long run.
 
Ok, Now I am the proud owner of a big White Paper Weight.

Let me go over everything for you.
Was on 4.0E, used cIOS downgrade and IOS downgrader to go back to 3.2E, deleted IOS's that should not be on 3.2E (see previous post), went to re-install HBC but found Twilight Princess would not start so I assumed IOS9 had gotten damaged or removed. Rented Animal Crossing Wii and Disc Updated to 3.3E, still Zelda does not load, got a hold of Mario Power Tennis and proceeded to use its Disc Update to 3.4E (which should install IOS 9 v520). Let the update begin.....the update finished...the Wii went to reboot and........BRICK! Nothing but a black screen is all my Wii does now, not even a system menu corrupt screen.

Gotta send it back to Nintendo now.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted