Hacking Downgrading 4.0E -> 3.2E & Virginizing

  • Thread starter Thread starter feidhlim1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,709
  • Replies Replies 49
QUOTE said:
Product
2100066A: Wii - White Console

Fault
Wii Minor Fault (£0.00) : Wii Blank Screen O/S

Thats what seemed to have happened to my Wii. Dont know exactly how or what happened but hopefully I get it back with 3.4 or less!
 
Woohoo, got my Wii back. Nintendo put it to 3.1E
huh.gif

Ok, so I dont want things to feck up again. What's the best course of action to get to 4.0E with USB Loader.

At the moment I'm thinking, install HBC, install cIOS Rev10 and use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater....sound good?
 
feidhlim1986 said:
Woohoo, got my Wii back. Nintendo put it to 3.1E
huh.gif

Ok, so I dont want things to feck up again. What's the best course of action to get to 4.0E with USB Loader.

At the moment I'm thinking, install HBC, install cIOS Rev10 and use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater....sound good?
yea run patched ios 60 before updater & you should be fine
 
menage730 said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Woohoo, got my Wii back. Nintendo put it to 3.1E
huh.gif

Ok, so I dont want things to feck up again. What's the best course of action to get to 4.0E with USB Loader.

At the moment I'm thinking, install HBC, install cIOS Rev10 and use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater....sound good?
yea run patched ios 60 before updater & you should be fine

Ok So Install HBC, install cIOS Rev10, use IOS60 Patcher(saying No, Yes, Yes, No), use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater

Why does this guide say use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater then IOS60 patcher?
 
you wont have ios 60 till you update will you , so you cant patch it before you update

sorry but thats the way i seen it , anyway that guide works great
 
geedub said:
you wont have ios 60 till you update will you , so you cant patch it before you update

sorry but thats the way i seen it , anyway that guide works great

That does make sense, I'll follow that guide, it seems to work for a lot of people
 
feidhlim1986 said:
Woohoo, got my Wii back. Nintendo put it to 3.1E
huh.gif

Ok, so I dont want things to feck up again. What's the best course of action to get to 4.0E with USB Loader.

At the moment I'm thinking, install HBC, install cIOS Rev10 and use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater....sound good?


Just out of curiosity - when you sent your Wii back to Nintendo what did you say had happened?
 
mrdavie said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Woohoo, got my Wii back. Nintendo put it to 3.1E
huh.gif

Ok, so I dont want things to feck up again. What's the best course of action to get to 4.0E with USB Loader.

At the moment I'm thinking, install HBC, install cIOS Rev10 and use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater....sound good?


Just out of curiosity - when you sent your Wii back to Nintendo what did you say had happened?

I told them the truth really. I had got my Wii back to unhacked 3.2E. So I told them I bought Mario Power Tennis, it asked me to update, I started the update and instead of giving me the normal update complete message, the screen just went black, I left it for about an hour, turned off my Wii, went to turn in back on and got nothing but black screen.

I rang their customer service centre cos its easier to explain what happened over the phone. It didnt cost me a cent.
 
Link5084 said:
Why do you want to downgrade to 3.2?

Thats irrelevant really but if you must know, I wasnt just downgrading, I was trying to clear my Wii of homebrew/hacks because I needed to send my Wii Back to fix the disc drive as it couldnt read Brawl anymore, but after I had gotten back to 3.2E and cleaned my Wii of homebrew, then I decided to buy a HDD and just do the whole USB Loader option. So I preceded to reinstall HBC but trouble ensued as you can read in previous posts.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted