Hacking Downgraded from 6.2.0 to 3.0.0 and am now getting an error on boot of OS

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch Setup: AutoRCM, Kosmos (current version)

So I have a 3.0.0 switch that I upgraded to 6.2.0 back when that was still the newest firmware. I decided to try and downgrade back to my original 3.0.0 so I can dump some of my game cartridges. I used ChoiNX to upgrade, and as well as to downgrade. After downgrading I get a title error 010000000000C for an unknown reason. I did set the BIS Flag in atmosphere/flags to be able to do a full HBL write.

Does anyone know why this happens? Am I missing something?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 4.0 did an update on the cartridge slot itself. If you did not disable your cartridge slot when updating past 4.0 then your cartridge slot has been updated and will only work on firmwares 4.0 and up. I'm not aware of any way to undo this. My guess would be that this is causing your error, but if someone is more knowledgeable on the subject, feel free to chime in. Also, I'm not sure why you needed to downgrade your firmware to dump carts.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card slot hasn't been updated. I always used the "nogc" flag to make sure of it.

And I do'nt want to update my game card slot, so I can't use it when on newer firmwares.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you double checked your fuse count?
I checked yes, it is at 3 which is for 3.0.0.
Did you restore all three files? Raw NAND as well as boot0 and boot1?
I didn't restore my NAND. I used ChoiNX to downgrade, thus not needing to. Do I need to restore my boot0/boot1 files? (I still have them from the first NAND Dump I never did back on 3.0.0

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I checked yes, it is at 3 which is for 3.0.0.

I didn't restore my NAND. I used ChoiNX to downgrade, thus not needing to. Do I need to restore my boot0/boot1 files? (I still have them from the first NAND Dump I never did back on 3.0.0

It may be best to make a new backup (making sure nothing is overwritten) and then you could try to restore the original backup.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got done talking to the ReSwitched discored server and they said it is likely due to the save files. So I am going to restore an old 3.0.0 nand and just dump my games, then restore my 6.2.0 nand.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My card slot hasn't been updated. I always used the "nogc" flag to make sure of it.

And I do'nt want to update my game card slot, so I can't use it when on newer firmwares.
Why not? What purpose does it serve not being able to use the cartridge slot? Wouldn't it make more sense to actually use the GC slot on the firmware you are actively using, than to keep it outdated for a firmware you'll probably never use again if it weren't for the artificial limitation you're putting on yourself, and making it more of a hassle? Unless you have a good reason that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay