Hacking Downgrade N3DS using Gateway 3.1

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real benefit to downgrading, you aren't going to get to 4.5. Staying on 9.0 is good enough and just live with the OOT exploit. There may/will be another N3DS exploit in the future for 9.0 users. Gateway would have mentioned downgrading to 4.5 and even explained it's benefits.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I successfully backed up my firmware using Gatway, anyone tried downgrading?
"your console is not supported" error is shown as expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could update to 9.2 with SSB 3ds then "Restore" to 9.0 with a backed up nand -- but why on earth would anybody do that is beyond me.

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
Which firmware are you trying to downgrade to. You cannot downgrade, period. But you can do a nand restore as long as you backed yours up.

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
Which firmware are you trying to downgrade to. You cannot downgrade, period. But you can do a nand restore as long as you backed yours up.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a tip for the OP. Don't feel safe just yet on your backup copy through gateway. If you have a hardmod do it that way also. The reason I say this is that the 3.1 may not be fully tested as we can see from the exploit. So don't do anything crazy just yet or you may regret it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill