Hacking Downgrade from 4.2U (help me)

isaac2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey on my older model wii(doesnt have the chip), i had no problem playing any backups (region or non-region) until one game (Just Dance) gave me the disc could not be read error. i thought a system upgrade would fix this.... and when i upgraded, my region free games no longer worked. i have softmodded and use neogamma to run the games, but the one game (Just Dance) does not work reliably (works sometimes, some not), so i assume there is an issue with the disk that I have been using. i know that with the proper mods, i can do whatever i want. The issue is with my girlfriend (who is used to using the modchip and running the game from the disk channel), so i am wondering if there is a way to downgrade my firmware from 4.2U so everything will go back to the way that it was. if this is possible, i would greatly appreciate help with it, as well as any other options that I might have.

I WOULD PREFER TO USE THE MODCHIP, BUT I AM AWARE THAT HBC IS POSSIBLE.

isaac2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole reason to downgrade was that it worked absolutely fine before the upgrade. if i install a bunch of homebrew stuff, im forgetting the fact that i bought a wiikey and just softmodding my wii. are there any other options

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isaac2004 said:
the whole reason to downgrade was that it worked absolutely fine before the upgrade. if i install a bunch of homebrew stuff, im forgetting the fact that i bought a wiikey and just softmodding my wii. are there any other options
Just softmod; the WiiKey is outdated and worth 6 bucks...

isaac2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok... well what about being able to play region free and region games through the disk channel so my girlfriend doesnt have to worry about all that

isaac2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with the region patch, i dont need to go into HBC at all? is there a way to get these apps onto the Wii HDD so i dont have to have a SD card or External HDD plugged in at all times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay