downgrade 3.4 ??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by clarens_et, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009

downgrade 3.4 ?? by clarens_et at 3:56 AM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. clarens_et
    OP

Newcomer clarens_et Member

United States
    if i already have a cios installed can i downgrade without install cios.fix.wad ??

2. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You should be able to provided you don't have a LU64+ wii.

3. clarens_et
    OP

Newcomer clarens_et Member

United States
    ok thx .. and no i dont have a lu64 + i have lu30

Posts merged

ok i have a question .. i install cios on my wii but i dont know why i install it .. what can i do with this ????

by the way i have trucha bug what can i do with this too

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It has many features, too many for me to really list here effectively. I'd search around for a changelog to see a full feature list.

And the trucha bug is one of the things used to run homebrew on the wii. Many homebrew programs need it to function properly.

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    any cIOS is mainly to run backups on your Wii DVD/USB/SD, to up/downgrade, etc etc etc..!! [​IMG]

6. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    cios_fix.wad is just something you would install to be ABLE to install cIOS in the first place. If you have the trucha bug in some IOS or a cIOS already installed to IOS249 then it isn't needed at all. Actually I don't think it is ever really needed at any point in time anymore. Now recent cIOS installers let you choose what IOS to use when you run the installer so instead of using an IOS with the trucha bug to install cios_fix.wad and then running a cIOS installer, you should be able to just run the cIOS installer and use the IOS with the trucha bug to begin with.

And yea cIOS is basically needed to do most anything like installing wads (though if you have another IOS with the trucha bug you can use that one instead) and playing backup games, or using a usb loader.