downgrade 10.3.0-28u

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by laserwolf452, Jan 22, 2016.

1. laserwolf452
    OP

laserwolf452 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    ive seen a post online but i want to confirm it. altho i lost the site lol

i seen that there is a way to downgrade to 9.2. i been thinking about it and i might just do it.

i am running on ninjahax2 for my homebrew and im pretty sure it wont do anything to help me downgrade. i have seen other options for the honebrew hack like menuhax and i think i saw that you can do a browserhax. if its possible to downgrade please help me find the right tutorial. i do n9t wont to brick my ds over a fake one

before i downgrade. with the cfw i can play copied games on my sd card and will my sky3ds work on 9.2. i already regret to ask that question lol. but im new to this 3ds hacking. also i be getting ssb. i know the game has an update and all and i have seen that it is possible to go online with 9.2. idk if 8t was answered in my post i asked for cfw but how hard is it to get access to the eshop to get the updates plus a game i bought on there. if its easy to do just access the homebrew launcher and use the eshop there then i can live with that as i already do that now since im on 10.3. also will 9.2 affect the online feature on friends list

i have the old 3ds xl blue runnting on 10.3.0-28u i have not taken the 10.4 update

thanks for those who took the time to read this and helped me

2. brkun

brkun GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    OMG, is that a Bible?

Ok son, what's your question tough?

laserwolf452 likes this.
  3. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    i just want to know how to downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 and how hard is it to deal with online. sorry for a long post. just wanted to add the details if needed. and thats funny lol a bible. i guess you can call it that cause it sure as hell felt like it typing all that on a cellphone

4. brkun

brkun GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States

Haha that's fine.
    So, it's easy BUT you need attention. REAL attention. An error and you will be at 10.4 and your chances are gone.

Online is fine, there is no problem at all.
    You are american? If so, follow this guide:

It's really noob friendly.

laserwolf452 likes this.
  5. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    thanks man. and yes im in usa. thanks so much and yes i pay attention. i deal with things like this. i root phones and all. just never kn9w how to hack a 3ds. first game system i ever hacked was the wii. but i followed a guide to make it happen

6. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    ok i sat here and watched the video so later i will do this, seems easy and i fully understand it, so i take it even tho i already have homebrew through ninjahax if i fallow his steps i should not have any issues downgrading

another thing is i hope there is a hack or somthing for this, i got alot of puzzle panels on here. is there a hack for the homebrew to get all the puzzle pieces back from scratch or do i have to fully start over and keep hacking the 300 coins to get the puzzle pieces

7. brkun

brkun GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    You dont need to lose any files. Just make a backup before rx installing and you are fine.

8. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    good news i found the 9.2.0-20u, its a pain in the ass but worth it, is it sopose to be 169.3mb if so cool, it all looks legit and its for the old3ds as i found a link to it. is it ok i PM you the link just to make sure its not BS, i will not hold you responsible for any damage as i the user understand the risk that this may cause

as for a backup how can that work to restore my puzzle panels on 9.2

9. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    well i got home and doing more looking around, just doing homework before i do this, when i downgrade, i still keep my mii progress. i seen a few post that you still keep your things, if this is true cool, if not how do i back it up, i wish not to do a hardnand as i am not good with solder.

also sorry to ask 20 qusetions

10. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Hey, why don't you use the SafeSysUpdater? http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/

You can also follow this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

If you do everything without formatting your SD, you'll keep everything that you have right now.

Good luck!

laserwolf452 likes this.
  11. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    thanks and i feel dumb now since i see what site they got the firmware from, i been to that site before, never knew it hold the o3ds firmware lol

as for my mii plaza, if it be there after the downgrade cool i do this, dumb question tho, sorry to ask this, for the safesysupdater, what dose that do. is it the same as the sysupdater or is it somthing that let you know it be possible to downgrade before doing the real thing

12. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    well i got it, i am on 9.2.0-20u, also my mii plaza is fine so thanks, one qusetion before i turn on my wifi, how do i make the system to not nag me for an update, cause once i get cfw and all on here i dont wont all the hard work go down the drain

13. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    ok i figured the rest out, thank you so much for the help with this. i have 1 more question since i have sysnand and emunand, i know not to update sysnand at all cost, as for emunand how hard is it to update it to 10.3 through sysupdater. is it the same as downgrading except pressing a different button for upgrade

my idea how it should work is i have to be on rx e, get on homebrew and do the sysupdater

if not please help

as for other things such as installing games and all i have video tutorials from the same guy that brkun sent me

again thank you so much for helping me everything is a success :), this is going to be one badass 3ds xl i ever owned and i thank you all for helping me

14. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    . . . .through sysupdater ? . . . no no no . . . on a o3ds you simply (in emunand (rx-e)) open system settings and go directly to the update option and do it

edit: warning not going directly to the update option may cause you to update sysnand instead

Last edited by wormdood, Jan 23, 2016
  15. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    The best advice is stay where you are first (Edit (I meant to quote OP). Then spend time learning to distinguish EMUNAND vs SYSNAND, learn unlinking NANDs and distinguish unlinked and linked NANDs (wouldn't take long).

After you got that, update EMUNAND would be straight forward.

Last edited by tivu100, Jan 23, 2016
    laserwolf452 likes this.
  16. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    i think i have them unlinked when i changed the theme on my sysnand. altho i had to reinstall the menuhax. do i have to change the theme on my emunand. i put it as black when i got on it

17. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Go research on unlinking NANDs. I can answer but it would like me fixing thing for you and you don't learn. (This is very easy to learn about and find the answer too. It's also important and useful). Cheers

laserwolf452 and wormdood like this.
  18. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    its fine. i like to learn. i been up all night haven't slept yet and i made it this far. i do thank you and i hope that i can have my emunand on 10.4 since i see sysupdater be a bad choise. i just want online play for my 3ds xl. plus i got to install sone files for my mii plaza. doing a fornate on my sd card took that away not even a backuo from my laptop worked when i place all the files back

i look into unlinking and all later today

wormdood and tivu100 like this.
  19. laserwolf452
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    ok i got the answer aslong i have 2 folders of the long name on them its unlinked. so i got that far so its been confirmed that i have them unlinked.
    now as for updateing the emunand. before i do it im going to try to back up my emunand wich be the smart thing to do. im not going to ask how to do this cause i be pretty much stepping into noob land unless i already have lol.

so before i do more homework let me guess and see if this is how you do it. i boot up my ds and load up the emunand

i get on homebrew, open emunand9, (bad idea get stuck at red screen)

ok second way just boot into homebrew, go to emunand9, emunand options as you guys sitting here and read this saying i better have commen sense click on click on emunand to emunand. bin

cause that clearly tells me 100% th8s is how you do it lol

so i do that and take the update (of course i have a brain to boot into emunand and make sure im on rx)

but a screw up happens how do i restore. so lets answer my question and correct me if i am wrong. i go back to emunand9 emunand options, and click clone emunand. bin to emunand.

if im wrong i go back to google and google the hell out of getting an aswer and you guys can just enjoy kicking my ass to noob lane lol

to brkun if you are reading this sorry for another bible lol but i want to make sure i did my homework correctly and make sure that i do understand this sysnand and emunand

again to everyone i really do thank you for the help and showing me this, teaching me and all. this has been fun :)

20. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    You're on the right directions.

Just here another alternative to EMUNAND9tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/

That's PC app, so you run on PC which much preferable in case you have laptop and pc with you. Why it it preferable? Because if you run EMUNAN9tool and you misuse (not mishit since EMUNAND9Tool added extra step to make sure you can't easily mishit) an option, in most case, you waste 10, 15, 20 minutes (depended on the speed of SD card) and stuck there because you you can't abort it.

Beside back up NAND.bin (and EMUNAND.bin), always back up Nintendo 3ds folder before you proceed to make any changes to your 3DS.

Last edited by tivu100, Jan 23, 2016