Green_BiRi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello guys... first of all, I wanna say that I don't know if this topic should be here because I couldn't find a NDS general talking section... (If it shouldn't I apologize and ask you to move it to the right section)

Well, going straight to the doubt: I got a PSP... and I'm afraid of buying the NDS (which is going to be the Lite one if I buy it) and get tired of it like I got from the PSP... So tell me, does it really compensates to buy an NDS?

Please don't give lame answers like "Yes you should because NDS is definitely better than PSP", ok?
smile.gif

Greetings from Portugal!
Portugal2.gif

P.S.: Apart from the games, i just think that NDS Lite is the most sexiest handheld that I've ever seen
yaynds.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think you'll enjoy the DS more.
It depends though. I know from expierence that the DS is way better than the PSP.
There are so many great titles for the DS, and a lot of first party support (unlike the PSP, sadly).

Go to your local game store and maybe you can find a demo DS or DS Lite.
You'll have a blast using the touch screen (if you're used to a joystiq and some buttons); I know I sure did.

Heck, I haven't gotten tired of my DS. I've had one since release date.
With a huge library like it's own, how could you?

Greetings from the US
biggrin.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Heck, I haven't gotten tired of my DS. I've had one since release date.
With a huge library like it's own, how could you?

I totally agree. It's got a large vareity of games, all from puzzle, text-based, adventure, fps etc. But i do recomend getting a flashacart since you wouldn't have the money to actually buy all the....uhm....i mean....hmm...i forget
tongue.gif

Anyways i haven't found a single person yet to say that the ds has lame games and has ever been bored with it (well maybe when the ds was just released but that's another story
nyanya.gif
)

So I say buy it, you can't go wrong
smile.gif

Oh and greetings from Sweden!
biggrin.gif

Green_BiRi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I totally agree. It's got a large vareity of games, all from puzzle, text-based, adventure, fps etc. But i do recomend getting a flashacart since you wouldn't have the money to actually buy all the....uhm....i mean....hmm...i forgetÂ
tongue.gif

Hehe, I'm gettin' a R4
biggrin.gif
It's just because I was really excited when I wanted a PSP and now I just gave It to my little sister!
I really do not want to happen the same with the DS...
unsure.gif

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Green_BiRi,

Sounds just like me, ive had my psp since it first came out, and not till i got my 1st flashcart, which is the cyclods evolution, which i got 5 weeks ago. I never really played the DS Lite, which my daughter has had since this past xmas. All I can say is the DSL is a whole different experience that the PSP, the whole touch screen aspect makes some games awesome. But one thing for sure is the PSP can not be beat graphically by the DSL, by any means. The thing with DSL games, they are addicting, and if you grew up with NES, SNES, N64, you will really appreciate, some of the remakes from those systems now on the DSL.
Also I am actually getting my own DSL this month for my birthday, along with another flashcart, since I use my daughters DSL so much, to me its worth it, especially if your friends have a DS/DSL, you can play alot of good multi player games that the DSL has to offer.

So I say to you dont be afraid to get a DSL, you will love it, in my opinion.

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
game graphics dont matter, NES had shit gfx games, but they rocked.

I was soo interested in the PSP as it had cool games i wanted to play. I relized that my cousin had one so i borrowed it of him. i got after couple of days playing it. So i decided to switch to DSL and it was great fun. I play average 2-3 a day, somedays more long.

The games on the DS are really fun and will get you hooked on them for long hours

DSL is the way to go in my opinion,

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
All of my friends who have PSPs actually pretty much only use their PSPs as a mp3/movie player - exactly what an Ipod Video does.

2 of them after they saw my DS decided to get a DS themselves and are currently loving it.

I can't offer you anything more than that - but, really.. the question shouldn't be, "Why should I buy a NDS?" but "Why shouldn't I buy a NDS?"
smile.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony made the PSPs to be a do-all device, music player, movie player, little bit of a game player. It does them all decently.

Nintendo made the DS to play fun games. And they have achieved it. You don't need 40 billion polygons per second and 75 hundred thousand megafloopixels on a two-inch screen to have a good time.

Hell, I've been playing Etrian Odyssey for hours at a stretch, and it's the most basic principle of a game. But I'll find a branch I never took on a floor several back, and I MUST go back and map it!!
smile.gif

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the NDS game library is robust enough to keep you happy... even if it is for a while. I personally only needed a well-crafted Tetris game, but surprisingly I started taking interest in other games. The tipping point for me to get a NDSL was the battery life and the ability to pause the game by just closing the device (thus protecting the important parts, like the screens). You can already imagine what Nintendo was trying to do: make a portable device portable! Even the price is reasonable.

I won't even start about the homebrew. I'll just say that I play homebrew games and emulators more than NDS games at the moment, with tetris taking precedence. I like the PSP homebrew, too. I would get a PSP mainly for homebrew if they definitely improve the stock battery life and I would have to research screen durability.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
id say the psp is good for media the DS is better for gaming since the large library of games and all im not saying the psp hasn't got any games but u might get tired of the psp in the ds case there so many games u can play and reply (EBA,Castlevania,and the large amount of RPG game)

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a PSP and a NDS, but my PSP is broken
frown.gif
Never bothered to get it fixed tho, but i will soon. The only thing i used my PSP for was playing homebrew games and emulators. I miss the emulators, so thats why ill get it fixed, or maybe get a new one. That being said, im also gonna get a new NDS for my gf so we can play together, cuz she is using mine all the time now
tongue.gif

Games: NDS > PSP
HB/emu: PSP > NDS

thats my opinion.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got both a DS and a PSP.
I've spent heaps more time on my DS.
The really important thing here is.....
the games are better on DS
they're not prettier, but they're good solid games.
and the fact that they hold your interest for longer than a day, is a plus.

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well, the way i see it....

DS is more toward kiddy RPG and Puzzle games

PSP is more toward action RPG and Racing games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one