Hacking DOP-IOS MOD 10

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dop-IOS MOD V10 Released

Dop-IOS MOD is a Wii homebrew program that lets the user perform six specific functions:

1)Install any IOS

2)Install any channel

3)Install any system menu

4)Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning on a Wii that doesn't have one (you can use SD, USB, or NUS to do this)

5)Detect and delete stubbed IOSs

6)Display your Wii's boot2 information

You can control the program using the Wiimote, classic controller, or gamecube controller.

http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/downloads/list

Changelog:

v10.0

* Fixed a bug which caused the gamecube controller to work incorrectly in some places
* Fixed bugs which prevented the classic controller from correctly working in some places
* Fixed the section that can install an IOS that accepts fakesigning for Wiis which lack one by implementing the entirety TBR
* The internet channel now installs correctly
* Removed the nintendo channel (just grab it through your shop channel instead)
* The application will now install content from an external device if found before attempting to download content from NUS
* Added an option on the main menu to detect and delete stubbed IOSs
* Added an option on the main menu to display information about your Wii's boot2 version
* The banner of the application now keeps track of the SVN version it is based on
* Compiled under the newer libogc, libfat, and devkitPPC releases

v9.0

* Fixed a small bug causing the improper version of an IOS to be displayed after it was updated
* Added automatic region detection
* Added code from Trucha Bug Restorer so you can go through a short process to install an IOS (IOS 36) that accepts fakesigning if you need one

v8.0

* Fixed garbled text bugs
* Fixed downloading and installing channels (thanks to everyone who tested this)
* Fixed downloading and installing system menus (thanks to everyone who tested this)
* Fixed GUI errors which performed things different from what the user wanted
* Fixed a bug involving the gamecube controller
* Added the ability to download photo channel 1.0 or 1.1
* Added another sanity check to prevent crashing

v7.0

* New GUI
* IOS code cleaned up some more
* Now installs/updates channels
* Now installs/updates the system menu
* A handful of fixed bugs

v6.0

* The downloadable IOS List is actually up to date now. (Thanks Helsionium)

v5.0

* Mirror of the update made to Dop-IOS v8; All IOS installations updated to reflect the current state of the Wii

v4.0

* Fixed bugs preventing the gamecube controller from working in a couple of places
* Many changes (improvements) to the Dop-IOS base

v3.0

* Classic Controller support
* Gamecube Controller support (which will help out some semi-bricked users)

v2.0

* List of selectable IOSes is now grabbed from the Wii's NAND meaning you can no longer select IOSes that may not exist
* More sanity checks meaning you can no longer select IOSes that don't contain the trucha bug

v1.0

* Initial Release

Warning

This application has the ability to brick your Wii if misused. If this occurs, YOU are responsible because you used the application. The authors take no responsibility for any harm done to your Wii by this application.

Credits
SifJar - Idea
PhoenixTank - Crucial bug fix
giantpune - Added the ability to detect and delete stubbed IOSs; Changed the application to keep downloaded IOSs on an external device and to look to install from an external device before downloading from NUS.
Lunatik - Fixed NUS in the fakesign IOS installation section; Added code to support debugging errors; Added SVN Revsion number to banner.
Arikado - Everything else

its released ppl

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
grog.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lol...five minutes ago I asked myself if I should compile the newest rev from Googlecode...well...problem solved
biggrin.gif

It seems now nearly complete...for me, it's still missing an Online-Update Function. Hardcoding all IOS is a safe idea, but always replacing the .dol for one new IOS...not a nice way. Though, I know it isn't needed. It would be nice, but yeah...you can live without it
tongue.gif

Edit: Wait...a Config-File/setting would be better/easier...where you can define to always get the latest Versions (PatchMii is realy simple there...as far as I know, you have to replace the Version Number with an 0). Oh well...maybe I should again open an Issue on the Googlecode-Page...

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this better than PimpMyWii (detecting old IOSes and such)? Any reason I should run this if everything is working OK now?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arfman said:
Is this better than PimpMyWii (detecting old IOSes and such)? Any reason I should run this if everything is working OK now?

Its much better than PimpMyWii, as this doesn't randomly update crap without asking you. This lets you choose exactly what to update, what patches to apply etc. But no, there is no need to run it if everything is working. Why would there be? If it ain't broke, dont try (and probably fail) to fix it.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i hope some1 reads this and knows what im speaking off cause they were in the IRC with me & DOP-IOS team:

CODE STEALING! I CALL COPYRIGHT OF DOLPHIN-EMU!!1!1!1!1!1!!1!1!111

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Daco said:
i hope some1 reads this and knows what im speaking off cause they were in the IRC with me & DOP-IOS team:

big claims and no response from the MOD Team??

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
pepxl said:
Daco said:

big claims and no response from the MOD Team??
its a joke
wink.gif

and im sure Lunatik will understand
tongue.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
"* Fixed the section that can install an IOS that accepts fakesigning for Wiis which lack one by implementing the entirety TBR"

I am sorry, but what does this mean ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it means that TBR has been added in it's entirety.

the TBR steps will run exactly as they did in TBR 1.11

previously, retrieving the IOS versions from the NUS server in Dop-IOS MOD didn't work. Now it does.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
"* Fixed the section that can install an IOS that accepts fakesigning for Wiis which lack one by implementing the entirety TBR"

TBR = Trucha Bug Restorer, a fully fledged application to let you install a patched IOS36 and the work from there.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the devs are reading, my IOS20 v256 was missed with remove stubs option

also IOS56 is no longer only for wii speak channel, ive seen it used in WiiWare also

other then that, brilliant job

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dan_Aykroyd said:
TeenTin said:

TBR = Trucha Bug Restorer, a fully fledged application to let you install a patched IOS36 and the work from there.

I know. But why "Fixed" ? Not "Implemented" ?

"Fixed" means it is already there in the last (beta) version. What I most concern is what's wrong with the last beta version, which I have used to mod some Wii's.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:
TeenTin said:

"Fixed" means it is already there in the last (beta) version. What I most concern is what's wrong with the last beta version, which I have used to mod some Wii's.

because it was already implemented before the release and had bugs, check the googlecode

http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/source/list

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
pepxl said:
TeenTin said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:
TeenTin said:

because it was already implemented before the release and had bugs, check the googlecode

http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/source/list

But r24 is much more convenient when doing Trucha Bug Restore, because it chooses the appropriate options automatically so that we just need to press A a few times to get the job done.

So, why not keeping this ? Any bug in r24, as far as the Trucha Bug restoring process is concerned ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: