WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if I remember correct, waninkoko included the cios250 with that high version number, pretty much for safety reason, since rev12 or 13. But I'm not sure about this...
Anyway, it's good to have it.

Me for example installed the cios, and then did the official 4.2 update. I made this, cos I wanted to clean up my nand/ my wii.
With the 4.2 update Big N. brought in the stub ios. But that ios250 wasn't overwritten with a stub, cos of that high version number...
So I was easily able to use dop-ios, get rid of the stubs, and patch ios36.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
if I remember correct, waninkoko included the cios250 with that high version number, pretty much for safety reason, since rev12 or 13. But I'm not sure about this...
Anyway, it's good to have it.

Me for example installed the cios, and then did the official 4.2 update. I made this, cos I wanted to clean up my nand/ my wii.
With the 4.2 update Big N. brought in the stub ios. But that ios250 wasn't overwritten with a stub, cos of that high version number...
So I was easily able to use dop-ios, get rid of the stubs, and patch ios36.

Yeah... that is why he include the IOS 250 as a clone of the IOS 249

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Jan 1 2010, 01:24 AM) the official IOS250 v65280

and the cIOS250 v65535(Backup of 249)

if the version installed on the console is greater than the one included in the update it skips the installation of that IOS

Do you know why Nintendo didn't also use v65535 for its stubbed IOS? Did they mistyped it or what? Also... if an IOS in the Wii is vX and in the Nintendo update is also vX, it still gets overwritten, right? Even though it's the same version?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if it's the same version i think it gets overwritten

there's a bug in the v10.1 TBR steps can downgrade ios15 from sd card but the IOS36 install and IOS15 restore won't work reading the files from sd card

IOS36 install it asks for the wrong version number of ios36

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:

there's a bug in the v10.1 TBR steps can downgrade ios15 from sd card but the IOS36 install and IOS15 restore won't work reading the files from sd card

Press "B" for "No IOS Reload" at each step to read from SD. Luna is aware of that bug and is working on it.

Also, which version number of IOS36 is it asking for?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If i would do IOS15 downgrade, IOS36 patching and IOS15 restore in one step, i would:
1. Get ALL required IOS into memory
2. Do all preparations, like patching the IOS in memory and encrypting it
3. Prompt the user to start the process
4. Do it

How is it done now?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
If i would do IOS15 downgrade, IOS36 patching and IOS15 restore in one step, i would:
4. Do it

How is it done now?

That should surely be done in ONE STEP !!! That is, pressing ONE god damn A button only !!!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so get on it then TeenTin rather than bitch about someone else not doing it....

This is all added directly from WiiPower's source. It's the way it's done in TBR so it's the way it's done in Dop-IOS MOD. The coders are looking at ways to improve the app and that was one of the things discussed over a week ago. However, they were able to release a working version before the new year so they did.

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to put the trucha bug into ios58 (for Your shape backup loading purposes)but dop-ios mod doesn't let me choose ios58 in the IOS menu.

Do you plan to add ios58 support in your next version ?

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
Luna is aware of that bug and is working on it.
Oh that bug. Yeah, I fixed that in the svn a little while ago. We just close and then reopen the filesystems before and after we IOS_ReloadIOS() respectively.

TeenTin said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jan 1 2010, 04:12 PM) If i would do IOS15 downgrade, IOS36 patching and IOS15 restore in one step, i would:
4. Do it

How is it done now?

That should surely be done in ONE STEP !!! That is, pressing ONE god damn A button only !!!
Why, because you're too st00pid to press more then one button? If you want it changed that badly, checkout the source and change it yourself.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
4. Do it

How is it done now?
Right now, it's done exactly like how TBR is done

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
OArikadoO said:
Why, because you're too st00pid to press more then one button? If you want it changed that badly, checkout the source and change it yourself.

If that many A's, and more, are mostly unnecessary, why not make it more simple ? It is not a matter of st00pid or not. (St00pid usually can not distinguish)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
OArikadoO said:

If that many A's, and more, are mostly unnecessary, why not make it more simple ? It is not a matter of st00pid or not. (St00pid usually can not distinguish)

I think Arikado answered your question three days ago.....

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
longtom1 said:

Press "B" for "No IOS Reload" at each step to read from SD. Luna is aware of that bug and is working on it.

Also, which version number of IOS36 is it asking for?
v3551 not v3351 and NUS option works a charm

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a problem to install a patched IOS70 from SD card. Dop-IOS MOD wants to connect with the internet every time I choose to installed trucha patched IOS70. I got all required files for the offline installation from sd card in the correct places.

SD:/00000001/00000046/v6687

But it wont read the files from sd, but always wants to connect with the internet.

I tried the step with the original Dop-IOS v8 and worked flawlessly. So it has to be another bug in Dop-IOS MOD.

Lunatik.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I have a problem to install a patched IOS70 from SD card. Dop-IOS MOD wants to connect with the internet every time I choose to installed trucha patched IOS70. I got all required files for the offline installation from sd card in the correct places.

But it wont read the files from sd, but always wants to connect with the internet.

I tried the step with the original Dop-IOS v8 and worked flawlessly. So it has to be another bug in Dop-IOS MOD.

It is. I'm going to have that fixed and also add the ability to install via WAD very soon
wink.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Lunatik. said:
WiiBricker said:

It is. I'm going to have that fixed and also add the ability to install via WAD very soon
wink.gif

Nice, I'm really looking forward to the next release. Dop-IOS MOD is nearly perfect and one of the best homebrew applications, cheers
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: