91.9 KB · Views: 412

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Image of it apparently loading Music
Thanks for the screenshot, but this is too late in the startup. The part I need is the sound init output. It happens after choosing the game and before the background image and menu displays. Look for the text that I put in quotes in my previous text.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry it's blurry, you can make out the music stuff anyway:

IMG_20150218_051107754.jpg

Also I noticed that after running the cia, with no actual sound playing, and exiting back to the home menu, the home menu still happily makes its normal sounds, but when I start another game, a constant stream of digital noise begins playing, and won't stop until I shut down. Guess something happened that the sound system didn't like.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the Triple Post. Site has Issues during the day like it is running on Dial-Up. Did not know my Post went through or not. Please Delete Post after the Image

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering, due to the halted progress of a lot of the Homebrew, I take it the Developers are waiting for something to have EmuNAND ability (.cia) or more access to the N3DS? Lot of the Homebrew/Emulators seem to have stopped either 1 Month - 5 Months. It is like the Scene is Dead or run into a snag. Gateway seems to have been MIA for close to a Month now. Hopefully they will have N3DS Support in the next few Days now that Chinese New Year is done. Either that or the DSTwo+ is finally released. Contacted ModChipsDirect and they confirmed it from the DSTwo Team. Just no idea of WHEN it will be Announced/Released.

Reactions: Idaho

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrBoom3DS will not run on the N3DS XL (Aus). Just tried it out along with GameYOB and BlargSNES. Those 2 work fine. Just like on the O3DS. But PrBoom does not work.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrBoom3DS will not run on the N3DS XL (Aus). Just tried it out along with GameYOB and BlargSNES. Those 2 work fine. Just like on the O3DS. But PrBoom does not work.
I do not have a n3ds or a gateway to test this on. I only have o3ds and o3ds xl with ninjhax for testing. Sound and threading are not exactly the same across different firmware and load methods. Does it hang or crash and do you see any error messages?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locks up at this Point. Everything is Loading up and running perfectly until here.
N3DS XL (Aus Region)
FW9.0
Sky3DS to Gaitway EmuNAND
Same FW in EmuNAND

Attachments

• 20150313_123235.jpg
    20150313_123235.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 361

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No. What do you have in mind?
If it would be possible to remove the 3D from the hud/arm and gun, but still have the level 3d, it might fix that depth issue. It seems like the arm extends beyond enemies and walls and most depth settings.

I don't know how the 3D is handled, code wise, but it seems the hud is on a different scale then the rest of the game.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is something wrong. Everytime I Exit the App, when I go to run another Game or App, the Device Sound starts this long annoying sound that only goes away with a Restart.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is something wrong. Everytime I Exit the App, when I go to run another Game or App, the Device Sound starts this long annoying sound that only goes away with a Restart.
Yes, I mentioned that in the update notes on github. It will also occasionally crash when exiting or hb menu will lose the file system and require a reboot.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new version on github. I tried fixing the exit sound and homebrew menu issues. It appears to be working correctly now. If you test this then let me know how it goes - thanks.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I hate to be 'that guy' again, but I'm afraid sound no longer works for me despite there being no errors on boot-up. Tried both the .3dsx and .cia versions. :(

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be 'that guy' again, but I'm afraid sound no longer works for me despite there being no errors on boot-up. Tried both the .3dsx and .cia versions. :(
So odd. Since I only changed the exit code for sound. Did you try rebooting? The previous version did not correctly shutdown sound, so it wouldn't work if launched again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)