Homebrew doom

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, gave it another whirl, no success.
Has anyone managed to compile a .cia for this?

Anyone at all?

frickermints

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's impossible. Saving requires you to enter a name for it, which you need a keyboard for.

The DS port saves, as does the various DOOM ports on the classic XBOX and such. They generally just have it fill in with random characters and then confirmed with one of the joypad buttons.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but this guy dropped the project any way

Bah... :/ How can anyone turn their back on DOOM?! :)

I imagined this would continue and support for PrBOOM Plus and therefore 32Bit rendering would find it's way in.

I wonder if Odamex or ZDOOM could be ported... some day...

Reactions: Idaho

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah... :/ How can anyone turn their back on DOOM?! :)

I imagined this would continue and support for PrBOOM Plus and therefore 32Bit rendering would find it's way in.

I wonder if Odamex or ZDOOM could be ported... some day...

Exactly. If I made such a nice work of art, I wouldn't just abandon it...

Reactions: XDel

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure why no one was able to build this. and since no one was willing to send me a build log with error messages I could not really help anyone. In any case I updated the source to support the very latest (just released today) version of devkitarm and ctrulib. If you have an older version you will most likely get a link error.
In addition I included the binary files on git so they can be downloaded from there. there is a 3dsx file and a cia file. I have not tested the cia file - so let me know if it works.

Reactions: hippy dave

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure why no one was able to build this. and since no one was willing to send me a build log with error messages I could not really help anyone. In any case I updated the source to support the very latest (just released today) version of devkitarm and ctrulib. If you have an older version you will most likely get a link error.
In addition I included the binary files on git so they can be downloaded from there. there is a 3dsx file and a cia file. I have not tested the cia file - so let me know if it works.

Code:
Makefile:11: *** "Please set CTRULIB in your environment. export CTRULIB=<path t
o>libctru".  Stop.

CRULIB is in my motherfucking evnvimrnemt.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Code:
Makefile:11: *** "Please set CTRULIB in your environment. export CTRULIB=<path t
o>libctru".  Stop.

CRULIB is in my motherfucking evnvimrnemt.

If you're using latest build of devkitpro, CTRULIB is not setted as environment variable cause libctru are now built-in in devkitarm.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The .cia build seems to freeze at S_Init : Setting up sound., and the new .3dsx build seems to freeze at 'starting music... done' for me.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. If I made such a nice work of art, I wouldn't just abandon it...

Someone else... with more love... will come along. The 3DS has too many resources to let go to waste. If the DS can pull off PrBOOM as well as it did, then I am convinced the 3DS is capable of so much more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up