Homebrew Doom Wii and Wolfenstien WII.....?

NewFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated both of these via the homebrew browser because I had noticed there was a recent update for both. After doing so I could not get either of them to work, code dump etc.. Does anyone have any information on this, similar issues or solutions? Any help is appreciated, thankyou.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
NewFang said:
I updated both of these via the homebrew browser because I had noticed there was a recent update for both. After doing so I could not get either of them to work, code dump etc.. Does anyone have any information on this, similar issues or solutions? Any help is appreciated, thankyou.

Get them again.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The updated WiiDoom needs its files in a different location. Look at the WiiDoom page on Wiibrew for info on the changes.

The new WiiDoom also seems to be more buggy than the old version...I have yet to make the new one work with any game other than stock Doom. The old one ran Freedoom, Chex Quest, and other doom-based games fine.

No clue about wolfenstein.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Before I jumped on board with WiiDOOM lnuxguy and jendave disabled all support for WADs other than official DOOM WADs (freedoom, chex quest, ect.). His reasoning was that he could only get either 'official' WADs or 'unofficial' WADs to work. Hopefully I can do better. I mean, hey, we got background music working now and they said that was impossible too ;-)

To the original poster: Wipe your WiiDOOM installation and download via the official site and not the Hombrew Browser. Please and thank you. Also, we'll hopefully be doing a new release of WiiDOOM either this weekend or next. Stay tuned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw