Doom Wii and Wolfenstien WII.....?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by NewFang, Dec 9, 2010.

Dec 9, 2010
  1. NewFang
    OP

Newcomer NewFang Advanced Member

United States
    I updated both of these via the homebrew browser because I had noticed there was a recent update for both. After doing so I could not get either of them to work, code dump etc.. Does anyone have any information on this, similar issues or solutions? Any help is appreciated, thankyou.

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Get them again.

3. NewFang
    OP

Newcomer NewFang Advanced Member

United States
    That was genius and all, but seriously does anyone have a solution for this?

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The updated WiiDoom needs its files in a different location. Look at the WiiDoom page on Wiibrew for info on the changes.

The new WiiDoom also seems to be more buggy than the old version...I have yet to make the new one work with any game other than stock Doom. The old one ran Freedoom, Chex Quest, and other doom-based games fine.

No clue about wolfenstein.

5. OArikadoO

Member OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Before I jumped on board with WiiDOOM lnuxguy and jendave disabled all support for WADs other than official DOOM WADs (freedoom, chex quest, ect.). His reasoning was that he could only get either 'official' WADs or 'unofficial' WADs to work. Hopefully I can do better. I mean, hey, we got background music working now and they said that was impossible too ;-)

To the original poster: Wipe your WiiDOOM installation and download via the official site and not the Hombrew Browser. Please and thank you. Also, we'll hopefully be doing a new release of WiiDOOM either this weekend or next. Stay tuned.