"DOOM+DOOM II" new enhanced re-release adds all the officially released map packs and a brand new episode

doom+doomII.jpg

QuakeCon kickstarted its 2024 outing on August 8th to great reception, and to start off the event with a bang, Bethesda announced a brand new re-release of Doom and Doom II was announced alongside a brand new trailer.

Without any notice, id Software and Nightdive Studios combined forces and brought forth this new re-release, but this new release of the classic FPS that defined the genre is not any re-release, but it adds a lot of previously unavailable content alongside brand new content as well go to with the occasion, in what the trailer deems "the definitive experience", and without a doubt, this re-release does offer a definitive experience to this classic duo.

Some of the features that this enhanced release brings are:
  • All of the previously released map packs (enhancements as they call them in the trailer) for Doom and Doom II are available in this re-release. These include:
    • Doom (All original 3 episodes, and also Episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed)
    • Doom II
    • Master Levels for Doom II
    • TNT: Evilution
    • The Plutonia Experiment
    • No Rest for the Living
    • Sigil (Unofficial 5th episode for the original Doom by John Romero)
    • Legacy of Rust. Brand new single player episode with new weapons and new enemies made in collaboration with people from id Software, Machinegames and Nightdive Studios
  • Select between the Original or an Enhanced IDKFA soundtrack by Andrew Hulshult
  • 60 fps at 1080p for all platforms released, with hardware that supports it being able to go up to 120fps at 4k.Online Deathmatch and Co-op with up to 16 players with 43 Deathmatch levels
  • Supports community-published mods, like Sigil II and BTSX to name a few
  • And much, much more...
As a side note, the enhanced soundtrack was made by none other than industry veteran Andrew Hulshult, and in quite the turn of events, Hulshult started his career by working on the very same (then fan-made) IDKFA OST years ago, the very same that is now currently available in an official release of Doom and Doom II.

Additionally, users that owned versions of DOOM or DOOM II previously will get this new enhanced edition for free, similar to the Quake and Quake II remastered releases.

The definitive and enhanced re-release of DOOM+DOOM II is available now on Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch.

:arrow: DOOM+DOOM II Trailer by Bethesda

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first time I played Doom was on the OG PlayStation, back around 1996. My problem is, I got so used to strafe with the shoulder buttons on that version, that it's now carved into my brain. Trying to play this modern version, I constantly change weapons with the shoulder buttons, and strafing with the left analog stick just feels totally off. Too bad there is no way to customize the controls. I will have to get used to these controls, or die trying (and I expect to die a lot).

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just don't get why company's don't add online games to there games in the first place and just add it in patches. still i need to try the online co-op or hell even a deathmatch.

James_

that Meowstic guy (aka Viator_)
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember I saw this get leaked on Steam a few hours before the official announcement and ended up buying an Ultimate Doom key for just over 1 quid (yes, £1, singular), and that ended up turning into DOOM+DOOM II once it got fully announced.

Probably one of the best deals I've ever gotten.

Oh, also, this re-release is how I beat both Doom and Doom II fully for the first time. Previously only beat the first episode of 1 and played the first few levels of II. I think that goes to show how good this re-release is.

Now I should play the other episodes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.