Doom 64 ds port

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I get someone to note that on the gamebrew page?
I guess. I don't know code, but someone else looked over it, when someone said he couldn't save. he said there was no code to save. I'm assuming the project is incomplete, playable, just incomplete.

theone390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess. I don't know code, but someone else looked over it, when someone said he couldn't save. he said there was no code to save. I'm assuming the project is incomplete, playable, just incomplete.
That. And that it needs a exploit like memory pit to run or you get a guru meditation error

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the dsi, but the project is pretty old, so it may have some limitations. iirc, it's around 10 years old, but there's no telling which versions of stuff the dev was using. I've seen some devs never update the tools for their builds, so they're using really old stuff, while others do so.

fR30n

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I just came across with this post after searching for any existing Doom64 port for the 3DS, now I understand this is coming from a DS port but is it available in github? if so, do you mind sharing the url?
I am looking for a new project to port to the 3DS and this one looks very interesting to me.
There is a reversed version (DOOM64-RE in github) which is a reversed version from the N64 rom, maybe I will start looking at that version unless this DS port.

cassiechai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I just came across with this post after searching for any existing Doom64 port for the 3DS, now I understand this is coming from a DS port but is it available in github? if so, do you mind sharing the url?
I am looking for a new project to port to the 3DS and this one looks very interesting to me.
There is a reversed version (DOOM64-RE in github) which is a reversed version from the N64 rom, maybe I will start looking at that version unless this DS port.
https://github.com/svkaiser/doom64DS and this thread may help.

Reactions: fR30n

TNKRetroNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that same problem although, I'm not using an R4 card at all. I'm just using a basic 16GB SD card in my DSi. The game crashes everytime I select a difficulty

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use TwilightMenu++ from the camera slot of a DSi, and the title works perfectly, with no errors.
Keep in mind that this port is a kind of demo, a proof of concept. You cannot save and load, moreover the screen is too dark; from the debug menu you can only maximize the brightness, but so the game is much worse. 😒

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1