Donkey Kong (NES) Wii U kill screen

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Pogostick, May 4, 2014.

1. Pogostick
    OP

Pogostick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    Hi guys, I've been playing the NES version Donkey Kong for a long time after I got it and I'm starting to wonder...Does the Wii U Virtual Console version have a kill screen? What level do I get the kill screen on? I'm past level Z right now and I'm still playing. I wanna stop.:(

2. Sefi

Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that the arcade version was the only version with a "kill" screen.

3. Delta517

Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    It's probably only the arcade version that has a Kill Screen. It should happend on level 22 according to this statement here: "The 22nd level is unofficially known as the kill screen, due to an error in the game's programming that kills Mario after a few seconds, effectively ending the game." :)

4. Pogostick
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    Guys I said I was past the level z which means I'm past the 22 mark in something. What do I do now?

5. Sefi

Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2005

Apparently the NES version did have a kill screen at level 133. From the video it's well past level Z, so I would try to get past that and see if they fixed it on the Virtual Console version or not. I stand corrected, and good luck :).

JayRo likes this.
  6. Pogostick
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    I reached the kill screen. Thank You!!!! :D

(This thread can be closed now)