Hacking Donkey Kong Country Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For all the people wondering how to use the ocarina cheat codes with WiiFlow, this will help:

Link

Edit: in fact, I think it's possible to enable cheats from within WiiFlow 2.2

2nd edit: Neither way works. Tried creating the .gct file and placing it in SD:/codes as well as downloading/enabling ocarina cheats within WiiFlow. Anyone care to share their success story with this?

raine.sisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
THIS GAME HAVE A ANTIPIRACY PROTECTION !!!

How many times are you going to spam this? You obviously aren't doing something right, because it's working fine for everyone else.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh, a code to change waggle to the B button. Awesome. Will try that out later.
smile.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlareRDB said:
I'll try mapping it to a classic controller later today and post my results. I made a few adjustments for my GC controller. Also the trolling is quite annoying just reading it, I loved played the DKC series with my mother when I was little and she has a really hard time adjusting to the new controls and even suggested that classic controller would have been better lol. Sorry haters, but everyone deserves to play the game how they want to play it. I'm surprised with all the complaints and reviews that they don't just release a patch to add these things in.

Very cool. Classic Controller support would be even better(in my opinion) then mapping the motion control to a button on the Wiimote.

Thanks for trying to do this, and please let us know how it goes.

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
using cfg loader and have downloaded the gct file from the cfg options page and none of them work. Does the hook type need to be set to anything in partiuclar?. This is the only game so far where they havent worked.

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
warning i tried the cheats...and my wii went dead...there was some screen about bad dump and now i cant power on my wii...im in shock...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Pixma said:
warning i tried the cheats...and my wii went dead...there was some screen about bad dump and now i cant power on my wii...im in shock...

Mind posting your setup and which cheats you were trying to use?

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sure godlike: it a 2007 launch wii...usb loader cfg 61beta5, Rev19...

i used the ground pound on b for players 1 and 2 and "change control Schem"

i disconnected my wii from power now for half an hour and it works again...

but still the cheats did not even work for me...still waggle and no function on be...can anybody post prove that these cheats do work?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there seems to be some issues with the DK Codes as some ppl have got them to work while others cant get them to work for spit.. i have tested the last 10 revisions of cfg loader with the same results. codes work on any game except for DK..

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
apparently my wii freeze happend randomly...dont know...talked to some wii tec guy who's much smarter than me when it comes to wii...

Golfdude: can we do anything about that? will there be a fix or should we wait for classic controller solution? greetings

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the cheat and it's working for me. I'm using cfg(version 61b5). For the people that is using cfg, are you sure that you're selecting the cheat, then hitting save.gct, then hit B, turning on Ocarina and then pressing 2 to save the settings?

I know that may be a stupid question, but I bring it up because there has been so many times that I've selected the cheat, hit save.gct, then didn't turn on Ocarina and hit 2 and wondered why whatever cheat wasn't working.

Anyways, using B is SO much better. It is a little akward though, but better then waggling the controller. Still though, CC support would be the best option.

Thanks to the maker(s) of this cheat.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
(B For Pound Down B for Blow B+Directional for Roll)[Thomas83Lin]

This cheat is great, I'm using the latest rev of USBloader GX and cIOSX 249 rev 19.

The games controls are perfect now, the shaking controls aren't precise enough and time trials were impossible to beat. I had to shake like a maniac to get DK rolling.
I don't understand why this control scheme wasn't an option in the game I mean the rolling move is a move I use all the time before every jump,
Imagine if you have to shake the controller every time to jump in a Mario game.
Yes I know that NSMB and Galaxy had a spin move, but spinning in Mario don't require split second timing, jumping does.

I really hope someone make it possible to play as Diddy in 1p mode now.
OK off to play some DKCR now...
yaywii.gif

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i checked again...the freeze was my bad...Cheats are not a Factor in the Freeze...but the Cheats still dont work properly...does anybody know how to fix this?

Nice to hear about your success guys...im still not getting it to work but i will try as long as i can...does anybody know about the classic controller fix?

Pixma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DespizingU said:
I just tried the cheat and it's working for me. I'm using cfg(version 61b5). For the people that is using cfg, are you sure that you're selecting the cheat, then hitting save.gct, then hit B, turning on Ocarina and then pressing 2 to save the settings?

I know that may be a stupid question, but I bring it up because there has been so many times that I've selected the cheat, hit save.gct, then didn't turn on Ocarina and hit 2 and wondered why whatever cheat wasn't working.

Anyways, using B is SO much better. It is a little akward though, but better then waggling the controller. Still though, CC support would be the best option.

Thanks to the maker(s) of this cheat.

Maybe you can help me: what hook are you using for ocarina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care