Donkey Kong Country Return IOS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ChoroQ, Dec 2, 2010.

1. ChoroQ
    OP

ChoroQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Italy
    Hi everyone!
    I've a "minor" problem with the pal version of DK (and, in same way, Epic Mickey), let's me explain: i'm on a chipped 4.3E Wan. Wii, with all ios/cios updated (just checked with pimp my wii). Well, the game run fine with Neogamma R9 with 249 rev, but if I want to play through disc channel, it ask me for an update. So, what the hell? -.- What i've to do to play it via disc channel instead of Neogamma?
    And no, i don't want to use priiloader or starpatch or other to block disc update, just wanna know what's that damn ios/whatever that this game require.

Thanks!

Edit: something very strange (at least for me) happened: i've installed Sonic 4 Ep 1 wiiware (it's ios56 related, from what i've read) and.. *magic*.. now the games don't ask me again for update via disc channel! But.. how is it possible??

2. Dent

Dent GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2008
    United States
    Donkey Kong Country Returns uses IOS56.

3. ChoroQ
    OP

ChoroQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Italy
    Yeah, i know that. But the very problem is.. i have it! At the latest version. But it ask me again for update. After sonic 4 wiiware, also if i uninstall ios56, it works without update. Why??

4. lulwut

lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    because just installing the game's ios wont make it work. i dont know where people have got that idea.
    it just doesn't

5. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Don't see why you don't install Priiloader/Startpatch, problem solved. How long will it take you to install vs how much time you're gonna spend bitching on here

6. ChoroQ
    OP

ChoroQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Italy
    Not that true, but i don't wanna change your mind. I just want to UNDERSTAND why with a wiiware it works from disc channel, and why not without it.

And

No probls about time bitching here, it's the same you spent :-) just i've said i don't want use priiloader, not that i haven't installed it. :-)
    It's a problem of method, because it's a very curious situation imho.