• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Donald Trump ordered to pay $355M for fraudulent business practices in NY (stop editorializing titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, funny development - Apparently there are those who set up a GoFundMe for Trump. LMFAO
Pathetic and dystopian, not funny. People living paycheck to paycheck brainwashed into donating toward a billionaire's legal penalties, after he's already been draining their accounts for nearly a decade. On the bright side, that's all money which won't be going toward his campaign.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pathetic and dystopian, not funny. People living paycheck to paycheck brainwashed into donating toward a billionaire's legal penalties, after he's already been draining their accounts for nearly a decade. On the bright side, that's all money which won't be going toward his campaign.
Well, apparently there are those trying to shut that down. Hell, I am trying to get out of CA due to Rent being out of control, and Prices out of control. Yet my GFM got nothing, while those People have raised slightly over $160k ???????

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, apparently there are those trying to shut that down.
I don't believe it's legal to have other people pay that penalty for him in such a direct manner. If the rubes want to help pay for it by buying his tacky gold spray-painted shoes, that's different.

Yet my GFM got nothing, while those People have raised slightly over $160k ???????
Gotta have money to make money. If you were well-known for wearing orange clown makeup on a reality TV show, you'd get more donations.

• Wow
Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard about those "Shoes". Ridiculous.

Hell, Army Vet getting 100% T&P from VA Disability, watching over my Parents due to their Health, along with my Uncle, with my GF and our Daughter. With all we bring in, it is still not enough. Only asked for 10k to get us through the process of moving out of this State. Broke down my Estimate of how much would be needed. Especially for needing a U-Haul, Movers, Gas for 2-3 Trips Max, Estimated for getting into a new place (requires 1st and previous Month's Rent), plus what is needed for making sure everything is finalizerd here and started up at a new place. So the 10k was a bare minimum Estimate. Nothing.
Oh, but Spray Paint Tan Man can get People raising 160k+ even though he is supposed to already have Millions anyway, and since he was President, he gets Money for the rest of his Life anyway??????

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sorry for asking but the title says "Rapist Donald Trump" but I can not find any current judicial conviction nor sentence about "rapping" for mister Trump.

There is any conviction which is not public which make him guilty of rapping?

Theoretically you are only guilty of a crime AFTER being proved guilty, or the human right declaration has changed on the latest days?

One of the so many enterprises owned by him was ordered to pay a fine about some misbehavior on stock exchange, but no a personal felony, was a corporate wrong doing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically you are only guilty of a crime AFTER being proved guilty, or the human right declaration has changed on the latest days?
The judge in his initial E Jean Carroll case explicitly stated that it's accurate to call Trump a rapist after the guilty verdict was handed down against him. The legal distinction between sexual assault and rape in New York is vague, and it's not the public's duty to sugarcoat the facts on his behalf.

Reactions: The Catboy

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The judge in his initial E Jean Carroll case explicitly stated that it's accurate to call Trump a rapist after the guilty verdict was handed down against him. The legal distinction between sexual assault and rape in New York is vague, and it's not the public's duty to sugarcoat the facts on his behalf.
but he is convicted? judges can state which ever they want but the law is the law. and the human right declaration is still in place. or am I wrong?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
but he is convicted? judges can state which ever they want but the law is the law. and the human right declaration is still in place. or am I wrong?
He was found guilty, yes. It was a civil suit and not a criminal conviction, but either way the end result is that anybody who calls him a rapist is only stating a fact. He cannot sue for defamation over it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
He was found guilty, yes. It was a civil suit and not a criminal conviction, but either way the end result is that anybody who calls him a rapist is only stating a fact. He cannot sue for defamation over it.
Civil suits CAN NOT GET YOU GUILTY they find you responsible, and that IS A LOT DIFFERENT. so is not a fact, but my abuelita used to say: "no hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver" so the confirmation bias is a real thing. thanks for your time.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Civil suits CAN NOT GET YOU GUILTY they find you responsible, and that IS A LOT DIFFERENT. so is not a fact, but my abuelita used to say: "no hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver" so the confirmation bias is a real thing. thanks for your time.
So now we're playing semantics over the verdict, too. Yes, he was found LIABLE, and yes, it is still a LEGALLY-ESTABLISHED FACT that Donald Trump is a rapist. To deny that is to expose your own bias, especially after I provided you an irrefutable source.

Last edited by Xzi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is a pretty sad hill to die on. Trump has a long history of being accused of and even bragging about sexually assaulting women, including his ex-wives. Although this wasn’t a criminal suit, he was still found liable for sexual assault. Sugarcoating the fact that he is a rapist only downplays the fact that he is a rapist and should be referred to as such.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a weird hill when some people are focused on him being a "rapist" when he was accused of fingering a lady (no, I'm not excusing it), and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the business fraud case. And by the way, Impeeza is correct about this one. Although many places have laws that would classify this as rape, he was not, in fact, found guilty of rape.

The whole business fraud IS a total sham. Just who the fuck is that money getting paid to? Would the extra interest, given the time taken to PAY OFF THE LOAN IN FULL (because.. it was...)... equal to over 300Million? The whole premise is that they think the value of the property was misrepresented, so Trump should have been charged more interest for the loans. But it wasn't the banks in question that were suing him. They have to decide on their own whether or not to give someone a loan, and it's their due diligence to review the collateral. And then there's this judge who doesn't know a goddamn thing about business or real estate, making a claim that Mar-a-Lago is worth not only lees than it was 20 years ago, but worth less than the empty lot next door. I won't be surprised to see an appeal, and I think the judge should be disbarred. He stepped way the hell out of the lane of a Judge.

Last edited by urherenow,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even with all these semantics, he "at best" was found liable to have sexually abused someone. What a weird hill to die on.
I'm not sure why it's a distinction that needs to be made. Neither a person found legally liable for rape nor a person criminally convicted of it belongs anywhere near local public office, let alone the presidency.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bother with this guy. He has been obsessed with trump for years. Look up his other posts. Wait and watch, there's this depressed female type (though could be non binary or one of "those") who will jump in also. Utterly obsessed. Also, he is, how shall I put it, the kind 5X more susceptible to schizophrenia. If you know what I mean. ;)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why it's a distinction that needs to be made. Neither a person found legally liable for rape nor a person criminally convicted of it belongs anywhere near local public office, let alone the presidency.
I doubt many of these same people would care about the semantics, if it was anyone other than Trump found liable for sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto