82A0=?
82A1=?
82A2=?
82A3=?
82A4=?
82A5=?
82A6=?
82A7=?
So when you extract text and whatnot, instead of 8294, it will extract ?
Edit: Imagine the game ahs 8294 in the hex, without the table it would extract as 8294, useless, with the table it would extract as ?
Hope that's understandable... :

javad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
blink.gif
blink.gif

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from control codes... the script is in sjis... i recommend just using atlas (http://www.romhack.org/old-site/utils/textutil.php) or something on it and if you must edit the script use something like jwpce. That way you dont need windows japanese support. works well in wine too.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was waiting to see if Mumeix was going to tell me if "his translator" had done any translating yet. And then other stuff came up and I forgot.

I'll take a first shot at the script tomorrow and see how much patience I have for this kind of thing over the next few days. If it doesn't look like it'll take a year to do, I'll keep working on it. Either way, I'll post an update in a day or two, and then maybe other people will come out and help if someone's actually made a start on it.

javad? Do you actually know Japanese or not?

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay folks, here's the deal.

I spent a decent amount of this afternoon working on the first part of Chapter 00's script. For the most part, the translation is easy and fun, but VERY slow going, because I spend a lot of time looking stuff up. It's going to take me a long time to get all the way through the Chapter with my level of Japanese.

BUT...

I'm willing to keep working on this chapter if we can get other people working on the translation as well. All 9 chapters are roughly the same amount of text with the exception of 05 and 07, the latter of which is a BEAST at 265KB. The other two sections Logue (I'm assuming the Prologue) and Trial are only about a 1/3 of the size of the chapters, so I began working on Trial as well. Probably about an 1/8 of the way through that since it's mainly "No~!" "Please stop!" "Do not want!" and the like. Only thing that makes it take time is mixing it up a little bit so it doesn't get stale.

So core of what we will need is A BUNCH of other folks working on translation. My contribution to this will be "Chapter 00" and the "Trial" folder, but I need other Japanese speakers to step up and do whatever work you can on the rest of the game. That's Chapters 01-08 and the "Logue" folder.

After that we need people who can put this text into the game, so we can see how it looks. I know next to nothing about rom hacking, so I won't be of any help in this area. Perhaps we can start by putting in the text I've uploaded, and seeing how it works. For all I know, it may have to be formatted differently.

Finally, we also need some people to get to work on the graphics, because I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of them in the game.

Time for some linkage:
This .rar file contains all the files I worked on today. Some of the translations are incomplete, but that's because I got frustrated and moved on to something else, or I didn't have enough time to finish them today.

These are the script files I was working off of today. Credit goes to Joystick for posting them earlier in this thread. I assume they're complete.

These are the names I was using in my translation today, although I also routinely cross-checked with wikipedia!. Credit for this translation goes to Noitora earlier in the thread.

I have been using emeditor for my translation thus far and will continue to do so, unless someone tells me that another program is better. Feel free to make recommendations, as long as it won't screw up what I've done so far.

Questions? Comments? Want to help out? (Say yes to the last one please) Drop a comment here or send me a message, so we can all be a little organized about this. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing:

Bad Translation of the Day
Just out of curiosity I stuck "???????????." into babelfish. It's supposed to mean something to the effect of "You're not going to stop, are you," but babelfish decided that a better translation was "It does not stop, it is with the shank"

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kryss said:
If you put in ??????????????? it would come out a little better. Japanese tends not be to so strict about the usage of pronouns.

????????????????????
happy.gif
?????babelfish??????????????????????????????????????????????babelfish????????
biggrin.gif

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
xanth was saying that he only uses Babelfish sometimes to get an idea about a sentence, and that it almost always gives strange translations.
I replied saying that I was just giving an example and didn't mean to offend, and offered to lend a hand if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, but using a wheel and pedals for gas/brake was awesome feature back in the day.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Chopped down some wood for the scout master