Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
miruki said:
step29 said:
Oh Well The Project is really dead now thanks to Noitora...

Should we hate Noitora bacause he wont give the text editor to WataruKun???
This project is dead thanks to Wataru's attitude. If you want to haterage at Noitora now you should start reading every post from this thread again. Maybe you'll get it then.

You better not go putting the blame on Noitora or otherwise I'll whoop your ass. :>
My knight in shining armor

step29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
miruki said:
step29 said:
Oh Well The Project is really dead now thanks to Noitora...

Should we hate Noitora bacause he wont give the text editor to WataruKun???
This project is dead thanks to Wataru's attitude. If you want to haterage at Noitora now you should start reading every post from this thread again. Maybe you'll get it then.

You better not go putting the blame on Noitora or otherwise I'll whoop your ass. :>
My knight in shining armor

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wel Is someone going to pick this up?
I offered to do the image editing (no perverted stuff though) just the text in image stuff.
There Are tons of images in there that do need help.
Not trying to revive a bad thing just curious if anybody was going to pick it up after all the topic is here...

o0fdls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

It really is a shame that nobody will finish this game. Personally, I'd be more than satisfied with an ugly google translate version...enough that I'd get the jist of what I'm doing. I just don't know how to do it myself and as of now don't have the time to figure it out.
unsure.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
o0fdls said:
hate2.gif

It really is a shame that nobody will finish this game. Personally, I'd be more than satisfied with an ugly google translate version...enough that I'd get the jist of what I'm doing. I just don't know how to do it myself and as of now don't have the time to figure it out.
unsure.gif

unfortunately, u wouldnt, all u see are a bunch of english words string together and that's it. you will not be able to make heads or tail of whatever the current speech is.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Believe it or not some people are satisfied with machine translations. It surprises me too but there's an entire community that relies on them for h-games. It's much less work, and way more satisfying, to learn the actual languages

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
synce said:
Believe it or not some people are satisfied with machine translations. It surprises me too but there's an entire community that relies on them for h-games. It's much less work, and way more satisfying, to learn the actual languages
True, the effort you do trying to understand whatever the fuck Google translated could be put in learning the language itself, even if it's just the basics you'll get what they're talking about.

knite0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, what program do you use to get the text out to translate it? (I'm just gonna google translate it and the previous game)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
For this game grab yourself CT2. there is an english version, yes its easy to use.
Now, what i can tell you is that the font already supports 1 byte characters (so 2 letters for every 1 japanese one).
The script is actually easy to get to (look for the script folder). Which makes dumping it real easy.
The bad news this game has a crap load of images that are going to need translation. So for the images get yourself an OCR (Optical character recognition) software to scan the images that you know have text for text to translate.

Look for an earlier post for a translated title screen. (if you cannot find it I have a copy of it).

I offered to help with this a long time ago, but am kinda busy now to do the image editing, but will still help if you really need it.
If you have further questions just post again, I'll check back in every now and then and see if I can help out.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do a search for crystaltile 2 (CT2) and Dsbuff (these are windows only).

Dsbuff to unpack the game and ct2 to take a general look at and to edit it.

Don't worry about getting the latest version of CT2 (in case you don't want to register) an older version will work just fine.

open the game(ctrl-o) and view the file system (ctrl-n)

In the window that pops up is the file system. From here you can do a bunch of things and I will let you play around.

Use dsbuff to unpack the files. If you have a copy of emeditor or have microsoft word then opening the script files to dump the text - shouldtn't be a big deal (except for the compressed ones use ct2 to decompress and recompress those) in CT2 look for the LZ symbol beside the file in the file system window.
You can also use CT2 to veiw the graphics (F5) then in the file system menu look for .ncgr (graphic file right click it in the file system menu and retrieve tile address you may have to play around with the offset) .nclr the palette file to view it with the colors used in game again right click - load pallette .nscr the map file - used to view the .ncgr in another way (sometimes theres more than one way so there may be more than one .nscr for one .ncgr
wow I babbled on again sorry...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heres the thing the topic starter has been banned period, and is not coming back. I tried and am trying to keep it alive. Simply becuase its easier to keep this thread going then to start a new one with someone else. (I don't honestly care about the bumping).
Since they are not coming back maybe its time to close this thread and if someone else wants try there hand at translating this then maybe they should start a new thread...

I'll be willing to help with thos epersons with this too. The graphics text and other stuff is all very easy to get to. (I still have the notes- I think - from when I first took alook at this for the topic starter).

So mods, what do you think close it? SIGH....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.