Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! announced for consoles, adds new content

The 2017 western visual novel, Doki Doki Literature Club! will be getting a definitive edition in the form of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! Developer Team Salvato revealed that this version of the game will add side stories and new content to make it worth revisiting for those who have already played the game, and also making it a better experience for newcomers. This will be the first time it launches on platforms beyond PC, with Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One, with the game being available on Steam for PC as well. Limited physical editions will be made for the PlayStation and Nintendo releases. It'll launch on June 30th of this year, while the physical versions are slated for sometime this Summer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'd wonder how they gonna pull off the whole "deleting" characters on consoles?
step 1. boot into RCM mode

I do wonder if they would be audacious enough to have a secret for people running the game on a hacked console if they boot the game with the file deleted, I guess they might have to just work their way around It by having a text prompt to "delete the character" at the point where you are normally forced to delete the file.

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Link.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point this game has overstayed it's welcome. Is not a bad game but thanks to the Internet is impossible to go into this game blind and so it loses much of the impact.

Definitely not impossible. I found out about this game from "Just Monika" playing on my Spotify recommended. I played it having only a suspicion of the villain. I didn't know what events would unfold, including the second play-through (trying to word it in such a way that doesn't spoil the story).

I also don't see how a game with no subscription can over-stay its welcome. The original was even free and this adds content.

Last edited by Link.,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wonder how they gonna pull off the whole "deleting" characters on consoles?

I'm also curious of this. It would be trivial to create a mock file browser, but people who only game on console and never touch a computer won't really know to use it. Of course, there's always Google.
chances are pretty likely given the files menu there
upload_2021-6-11_20-48-35.png

DoctorDizzyspin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool! I haven't played the original DDLC much (partly because I'm a coward...) but I'll definitely try to pick this up! It'll be cool to see what they add to this already pretty good game.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there supposed to be a spin off game or something that this game was supposed to be promoting? (Or did game theory lie to me)

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Wasn't there supposed to be a spin off game or something that this game was supposed to be promoting? (Or did game theory lie to me)
The whole "spin-off" thing was a silly rumor that spreaded from some in-game hints - Dan himself is currently working on an unrelated VN while occasionally posting updates about it on Twitter.

Reactions: GoldenBullet

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still one of my favorite games of all time since I went into it blind before any spoilers came out, but this port makes it kinda impossible for anyone to do that like they could on PC.

There's obvious red flags for new players since the port's Rated M, it runs in a simulated desktop environment for a supposed dating sim, and people are going to research a game before they spend money on it as opposed to the original which only requested your time and a 3 minute download.

I'm definitely going to pick it up along with other fans since it was an amazing game, but I feel like the impact of all the meta stuff will be lost on new players

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup