Hacking Does USBLoaderGX can rip games that contain disc updates?

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have d2x installed and I want to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it says disc update so I can't play it
I know I can install priiloader but if I rip it with usbloadergx will it not install disc update?
please tell me(sorry for bad English)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can rip (you use that word for "dump" or "remove"?) the update partition if you want. It's a choice, either you keep it, or you skip it and keep only the game partition.

USBLoaders don't load the update partition, even if present. It loads only the Game partition, from ISO or from official Disc (yes, USBLoaders can run discs too).
So, it will never ask you to update if you launch the game using a loader.

If you want more information:
(If you don't understand, don't worry, just use an USBLoader and you will be fine)

The only exception is when using GeckoOS to launch the retail disc, it will ask if you want to install the required missing IOS, but it will not update the system menu and other IOS version, only the required IOS if you don't already have it.

When using USBLoaders, it doesn't load the game using the required IOS but use cIOS instead so even if you are missing the official required IOS the game will work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1