Hacking Does the Wii Key use DVD-R or DVD+R?

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Hey people I have a problem hope you can help!

I recently bought a pre-modded Wii with WiiKey from a shop. The shop keeper specifically told me only to use DVD-R disks, as DVD+R disks screw up the WiiKey and might cause damage to it. So I believed him and bought 25 TDK DVD-R disks.

After getting back home I burned 2 copies of RE4 on my TDK DVDs and they didnt't work. So I went to another shop(family friend) to check my Wii.

They said that there is something wrong with my TDK disks and I should use DVD+R disks, preferbly from LG.

Help! Im confused what to do now!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try another brand of media, I'd recommend Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, but any good quality media will do. You can use +R or -R I use both, +r for my GC games and -r for my Wii games.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TDK is a good brand try burning the game with IMGBurn, Burn it at 1x it will take a while but it should work. Also make sure it's unscrambled as an ISO

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try different media, using imgburn and burning at 4x is not the problem, burning it at one speed will not make the game run any better because you're probably burning a disc that doesn't burn at 1x in the first place, and the difference between burning at 1x and 2.4x is marginal except the time it takes.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could be using TDK media that's of a different dye than the one he's using, of course we don't know the dye he's using but it's more likely the media that is causing the problem as burning it he seems to have no problem doing, so I'm assuming it's the media, and trying different media won't do any harm

also you need to make sure that you use the wiikey configuration disc to enable the wiikey, you use the disc once, then take the disc out and put your back up in to tst if it works, if it's not enabled then you won't be able to run back ups

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you believe the shop then yeah it works, but you need to burn on different media to see for yourself. if you want you can get those lg dvd+r if it makes you happy and see if they work

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

kaito1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From wiikey.cn - Supports DVD-R / true DVD+R and +RW support (no bitsetting required!)

From experience all these work but sometimes my wii won't take DVD+R and +RW (takes more tries to get it to accept them - they're verbatim, x16 dvd+r and x4 dvd+RW) The DVD-R work every time *(a few cheap datawrite i had lying around about 2 yrs old!)* So i'd only use DVD-R from now on cos they work for me. Just ordered some sony dvd-r (cheap off play
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-