Hacking Does the SSBB USA DVD5 work?

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know that this DVD5 version of SSBB is ripped and and may have missing gameplay options, but I think this is the only way to play the game...at least for me... I mean, no DVD5 game has ever failed in my Wii and I can't get any DVD9 to work.
Did anyone download the SSBB USA DVD5? Did it work? What is missing? Since no one is making comments about that release on that website, I am affraid that it doesn't work. Is it really a NTSC-U version? I am downloading this release [Wii] Super Smash Bros Brawl USA DVD5 and not the Super Smash Bros Brawl [NTSC To PAL] [Wii] [DVD 5] [Scrubbed] because I didn't understand what has been done to this iso file. Nobody commented whether it is a NTSC or a PAL release.
Am I breaking any forum rule by saying this? I hope not... I did not post any link to files.
Thank you.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Just use wiiscrubber and scrub your DVD9 then it would without trouble be a DVD5
smile.gif

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I create a DVD5 with lower quality cutscenes instead of removing gameplay options? This has been done to God of War 2 and I hope someone can do it for SSBB!!

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
blechner said:
Can I create a DVD5 with lower quality cutscenes instead of removing gameplay options? This has been done to God of War 2 and I hope someone can do it for SSBB!!
That's maybe possible, if someone can find a way to re-encode the thp files.

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am sorry, manias, I did not know. How can I edit the title? I tried but I had access only to edit my posts, not the title. Is it something only moderators can do?

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't read the entire discussion in the tutorial topic yet, but I understood that the DVD5 had only the movies removed. All cutscenes were redirected to the intro movie. If so, I can't wait to follow the tutorial and create my DVD5 version!! I would not be very happy if I had to play SSBB with missing gameplay options... Movies are not essential as I can download them later and watch them in my computer when someone uploads them somewhere.

blechner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the game will ask for that update that enables the wii to run DL medias. I heard people saying that the 3.2U update is not mandatory because brawl runs on 3.1U. I hope so because my Wii is 3.1U and I am afraid to run the 3.2 update. I don't know what modchip I have...
As for the regionfrii, why would I need that? I mean, my wii is NTSC-U and so is the brawl iso. Please correct me if I am saying something wrong here. I may have misunderstood the aim of regionfrii.
Thanks.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
blechner said:
I think the game will ask for that update that enables the wii to run DL medias. I heard people saying that the 3.2U update is not mandatory because brawl runs on 3.1U. I hope so because my Wii is 3.1U and I am afraid to run the 3.2 update. I don't know what modchip I have...
As for the regionfrii, why would I need that? I mean, my wii is NTSC-U and so is the brawl iso. Please correct me if I am saying something wrong here. I may have misunderstood the aim of regionfrii.
Thanks.
Theres NO update that enables dual layer.
Thats bullshit the Wii allways could read DL dvd's.
Either the drive can read dual layers or the drive cannot.

And the Wii has a DVD Drive with daul layer reading abbilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-