Hacking Does the R4 support Real time saves

itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I read about real time save - save at any point while the game is running, even if the game doesn't support saving,
and I was wondering if the R4 supports this nice feature, it would help me on new mario, since I did not reach any save
point in the game and always have to start from the beginning (so far).

Thanks
smile.gif

itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
and how is the compatability for these real time saves on these cards, is it worth buying one of these because I
want this feature ? (does this feature depends on the hardware or the software - if software, maybe the R4 will have
it one day, I'm sure that would make many people happy).

Thanks
smile.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only thing about real time save is it takes up so much space, plus, at least for SCDS, it doesn't work on all the games and those that don't work simply won't boot (not support adapter?-error) with RTS enabled. Might corrupt the save, but shouldn't.

There are save points pretty often in NSMB, if you need to take a break and haven't gotten to a save point yet just leave your DS on sleep mode, or if you need to take a very long break plug in the charger and leave it on sleep mode.

itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
thanks for your suggestions, I see some mushroom house when I am between levels, but I can't get to it
wink2.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Only thing about real time save is it takes up so much space, plus, at least for SCDS, it doesn't work on all the games and those that don't work simply won't boot (not support adapter?-error) with RTS enabled. Might corrupt the save, but shouldn't.

There are save points pretty often in NSMB, if you need to take a break and haven't gotten to a save point yet just leave your DS on sleep mode, or if you need to take a very long break plug in the charger and leave it on sleep mode.

The ones that won't boot is because there is no space available on your card.
If you have RTS enabled and want to play a game where there is no RTS file for it, it will make it on startup.
If there is no space it will just tell you that error message.

Now you can have different settings for each game so RTS won't take so much.
Instead of making it for each game, it'll only make it for the games you selected.

It never corrupts the save either.

jaydom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
pardon my noobness...what is real time save? as in i play in day (for some games like pokemon) it appears in a day? and vice versa?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaydom said:
pardon my noobness...what is real time save? as in i play in day (for some games like pokemon) it appears in a day? and vice versa?
Real Time Save allows you to save a game anywhere at any point
usually you have to reach a certain point or wait till after doing something to save
not with RTS, you can be in the middle of say a pokemon battle and save your game with RTS

turn off your DS, play some other games, maybe you come back a few days latter and load up the RTS save and you will be at the exact same point in the battle you left off

few carts support RTS and most of the ones that do are total garbage function that doesnt even work and pretty much always crashes the system like the EZ Flash V RTS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things