Hacking Does the nintendo switch version 6.0.1 create issues with SX OS CFW?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime you update your OFW you have to reformat your SD Card for your console to recognize it once again...

PS
Prior before you used any CFW on your console. Did you create a NAND Backup and restored it prior to you updating to OFW v6.0.1?

Thats complete crap, Its NEVER happened to me after an update!

Also im UK and got banned a while back, think it was due to playing nsps :)

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is DevMenu working again on 6.0.1 (and SX OS) or is it dead for good?

And what about exFAT, read that several people lost exFAT support after updating to 6.x.x?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

And what about exFAT, read that several people lost exFAT support after updating to 6.x.x?

The current version of Devmenu is not working on 6.X. Maybe someone will make a version that will in the future

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The current version of Devmenu is not working on 6.X. Maybe someone will make a version that will in the future
There is now a working version of DevMenu for firmware 6.X found in jjbredesen's Discord server named WarezNX. For obvious reasons, I cannot link it here but he has a rockin' YouTube channel ;)

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is now a working version of DevMenu for firmware 6.X found in jjbredesen's Discord server named WarezNX. For obvious reasons, I cannot link it here but he has a rockin' YouTube channel ;)

I'm actually on a discord server where they just shared it, though the version they shared is encrypted and has to be used via LayeredFS. For now at least as they are working on a rebuilt NSP

Last edited by Ashura66,

Biggyhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for sure 6.0.1 doesn't effect os sx what's so ever. The only thing it truly effects is your game titles which you just delete on the switch then go to album re update if need be and that's it. Everything still works and won't be a problem because unpatch switches is a motherboard thing. Also don't ever update unless the cfw your using says otherwise. As for the SD card deal lol which is totally out of this thread topic. I haven't had any issue updating. Just the game titles.

addiaaj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good Afternoon.

Updates Status (Today)
I have sucesfully updated original firmware from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 (No problems with SX PRO) Version 2.0
I am able to use homebrew with no problems.
Remember that updating your original firmware disables AutoRCM(Recovery mode)
You will need to use the Jig and hold the vol+button and power button, then inject payload. That should cover most of it.

When you updated your OFW did you just do a standard procedure (e.g. updated from the switch retail settings) or did you do it differently?

Basically I don't own an Xecuter SX Pro yet. My switch was on OFW 5.1 which I know differently works. However I foolishly update the OFW to 6.0.1. So just trying to figure out with a Xecuter SX Pro is still an option for me.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
When you updated your OFW did you just do a standard procedure (e.g. updated from the switch retail settings) or did you do it differently?

Basically I don't own an Xecuter SX Pro yet. My switch was on OFW 5.1 which I know differently works. However I foolishly update the OFW to 6.0.1. So just trying to figure out with a Xecuter SX Pro is still an option for me.
My man, you will be just fine. But do make sure your serial# does fall into a non-patched system range.

addiaaj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My man, you will be just fine. But do make sure your serial# does fall into a non-patched system range.

My serial # is fine. But what I am not sure is if those who are upgrading beyond 5.1 to 6.0.0-6.0.1, are they upgrading by way of a special backup procedure which will allow them to preserve their OFW 5.1 and below in order to allow the jailbreak to work?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My serial # is fine. But what I am not sure is if those who are upgrading beyond 5.1 to 6.0.0-6.0.1, are they upgrading by way of a special backup procedure which will allow them to preserve their OFW 5.1 and below in order to allow the jailbreak to work?

Firmware is irrelevant. All the CFW function on ANY OFW version

Reactions: addiaaj

NRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

When i update my original firmware i update it in the Original Firmware of the Nintendo switch. I do not use Chodojour to update while in the SX OS CFW.
If you are in SX OS, just make sure that you clear your internet settings or turn on Airplane mode. You should be just fine.
Updating anything in SX OS while internet is on you risk yourself sending information to nintendo= Get Banned for violating terms of service.
Hope this Info helps you.

NRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Don’t want to read all that crap.

Is there a simple yes or no answer to the thread title question?

Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don’t want to read all that crap.

Is there a simple yes or no answer to the thread title question?

No, It does not create issues as stated in the title of this thread, you can update your firmware without having issues with SX OS Firmware.

Reactions: Erol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0