Hacking Does the nintendo switch version 6.0.1 create issues with SX OS CFW?

NRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I want to be sure and clarified from somebody in this forum that has updated that when updating to firmware 6.0.1 does not cause issues with SX PRO (I own one, everything works fine and im in version 2.0, normal FW in 6.0.0.
I am not in a hurry to update, i just need confirmation from experienced users if it is stable and does not create issues.
(And I don't use custom themes)

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I seen reports that it works, since nintendo only updated 3 modules, and didn't touch the 'filesystem', everything should be ok.

All tho since qlaunch been updated, custom themes designed for 6.0.0 will be broken, they need to be updated for v6.0.1

Of course, its always best to wait for official confirmation and more reports from users before updating.

Reactions: Deleted User

dark8924

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good evening, fw 6.0.1 blocks hekate does not select any choice so even following the dand dump guide I can not do it from hekate,

xeecuter sx pro pero part if the dump I do it from the xecuter menu is okay anyway? if I have to enable the dump system and dump user too?

last thing from the xecuter menu should I press or not on cre emunand?

NRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I seen reports that it works, since nintendo only updated 3 modules, and didn't touch the 'filesystem', everything should be ok.

All tho since qlaunch been updated, custom themes designed for 6.0.0 will be broken, they need to be updated for v6.0.1

Of course, its always best to wait for official confirmation and more reports from users before updating.

Thank you for the information. I will wait for more updates regarding users using SX OS in the current Firmware.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Do themes work or not? some say they do some say they don’t actually I have read more do’s Thant don’t’s but I would like proper confirmation. I know qlaunch got updated by that might just be an update for qlaunch not to do with firmware 6.0.1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can’t we just update Emunand and use that or does Emunand not work with online gaming?

Last edited by Reecey,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do themes work or not? some say they do some say they don’t actually I have read more do’s Thant don’t’s but I would like proper confirmation. I know qlaunch got updated by that might just be an update for qlaunch not to do with firmware 6.0.1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can’t we just update Emunand and use that or does Emunand not work with online gaming?

They don't.

If they were made for 6.0.0 - they don't work.
If they were made for 5.1, but you were using 5.1's qLaunch on 6.0 - those do work, but will crash more often.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
They don't.

If they were made for 6.0.0 - they don't work.
If they were made for 5.1, but you were using 5.1's qLaunch on 6.0 - those do work, but will crash more often.
Ok thanks for the answer. Would you know does Emunand work with online gaming if i updated that instead i have asked but no one wants to answer me I really don’t know if it does I have not tried it out. I was going to leave ofw on 6.0 and update Emunand and use that for online gaming.

Last edited by Reecey,

oblid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, online work in Emunand. But ban incoming for do that.
Ok thanks for the answer. Would you know does Emunand work with online gaming if i updated that instead i have asked but no one wants to answer me I really don’t know if it does I have not tried it out. I was going to leave ofw on 6.0 and update Emunand and use that for online gaming.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Reecey

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Emunand runs on the sysnand so there is a chance that Nintendo can see it. Do not, i repeat DO NOT go online under any circumstance if you have your system hacked, you are just BEGGING for a ban as emunand isn't going to protect you from one

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, online work in Emunand. But ban incoming for do that.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk
Emunand runs on the sysnand so there is a chance that Nintendo can see it. Do not, i repeat DO NOT go online under any circumstance if you have your system hacked, you are just BEGGING for a ban as emunand isn't going to protect you from one
Ok thanks for the advice at least I do know online works in emunand.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just gone for it and updated officially to firmware 6.0.1 and everything works under sxos the same as firmware 6.0.0, all my themes work exactly the same so I'm not sure where this information is coming from about themes not working.

Edit: just to confirm I have tested about 9 of 6.0 themes so far and they have all worked on 6.1 no issues apart from the same on 6.0 like crashing using some of the new Nintendo news adds. There is no difference in the update.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just gone for it and updated officially to firmware 6.0.1 and everything works under sxos the same as firmware 6.0.0 did all my themes work exactly the same so I'm not sure where this information is coming from.

Have you had your ban yet mate ? Mine came through about an hour ago straight after officially going from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you had your ban yet mate ? Mine came through about an hour ago straight after officially going from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1
No bud still not banned as yet! sorry to here about yours but I'm sure mine is in the post. Was you using sx or another cfw? what do you think caused the ban?

Last edited by Reecey,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No bud still not banned as yet! sorry to here about yours but I'm sure mine is in the post. Was you using sx or another cfw? what do you think caused the ban?

fingers crossed your run last a lot longer, hopefully the dev's will find new weapons in the war against the telemetry overlords

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you any idea what might of caused it? was you using sx or another cfw?

It was out of the blue, I very rarely use my Switch (it sits for months on end)... there was a weird thing though....

I did the update in normal OFW from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and when it went to restart after updating it black screened and stayed black screened for what seemed like ages (i've never used auto rcm btw)

Anywya when I got back in I got the error codes, I'm not pissy about it, was inevitable, just a weird way for it to happen is all

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
It was out of the blue, I very rarely use my Switch (it sits for months on end)... there was a weird thing though....

I did the update in normal OFW from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and when it went to restart after updating it black screened and stayed black screened for what seemed like ages (i've never used auto rcm btw)

Anywya when I got back in I got the error codes, I'm not pissy about it, was inevitable, just a weird way for it to happen is all
Strange. Did you have themes on your switch because sometimes they can cause errors on boot up? it could of been anything. At least now your free to do what you want, think of it like that it's not all bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1