Does the M3DS Real come with a MicroSD?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Zyenet, Aug 11, 2008.

Aug 11, 2008
  1. Zyenet
    OP

Member Zyenet GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was wondering, does the M3DS Real come with a MicroSD card in the bundle? I need to know, so that I know what to order at GameYeeeah.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    If the site where you order it, gives an M3 together in a bundle, then yes.
    But, not by default.

3. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

It doesn't. The only way it would is if you got it in a bundle from the store including the microSD.

4. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    Ugh, figures. All I have is a 128mb MicroSD from when I bought Games 'n Music, which isn't as good as M3DS Real.

Is there any place that has a M3DS with the GBA Expansion pack, and has a MicroSD that comes with it, for $48.88 or less?

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I suggest staying away from the in store flashcart bundles ect
    they are usually 3x times the price then where you can get them at newegg and amazon

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Take Joes advice, he knows what he's talking about..

Just order cart and microSD separately..(usually, places that sell flashcarts, offer microSD card higher priced than computer shops, and other places..)

7. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, like the 2 previous posters said, don't buy the MicroSD card from the same place that you buy your flashcart, they are ridiculously overpriced. Just get one from newegg.com like me and save about $15.

8. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    OK, thanks guys. I'll be ordering my MicroSD from Newegg, and my flash cart from Game Yeeeah, without the GBA Expansion Pack, which I'll be picking up at a later date.

Are there specific MicroSDs that the M3 DS Real needs, or is it anything goes? (Like 1gb and 2gb MicroSDs, not SDHC)

9. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

It supports SDHC, so any should do fine.

10. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    OK, thanks very much once again. Going to order it now. [​IMG]

11. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Good luck, and have fun with your brand new flashcart!

12. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    Ended up ordering my M3 from Dealwoot, since they ship free, and faster. But now I can't use Newegg, because they require credit card information, even when paying by PayPal.

Now I need to find a place that has cheap cards, and shipping. I only have $7.93 left, and that includes money for shipping, so where on earth can I find a good place that has that? Please help.

13. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Ooh, the agony....M3DS Real, but no microsd. [​IMG]
    That's like having a brand new car sitting in the garage and not having a drivers licence.

Best of luck getting a microsd for that price. Looks like you're waiting for your next paycheck buddy, or pocket money, whatever the case may be.

14. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    Reminds me of when I had a DS, but no games to play. [​IMG]
    Anyway, I found a site that might work... but I'll wait till later to tell. [​IMG]

15. darkfhang

Newcomer darkfhang Member

United States
    You could always check eBay. Sometimes you can find some good deals there. I had gotten a 2 GB Sandisk MicroSD for $9.96 (that's including shipping), works perfect for me. No problems so far.

16. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    That's where I'm at right now. Some guy managed to lose me my card once, but the same seller ( progressing0114) is selling a bunch. I'm going to try to grab another he's selling. The same bozo who made me lose my first one is trying to grab the next. I'm waiting till the last minute to get it.

EDIT: Just won the bid on a different card. 1gb card, for 6.99 and free shipping. Now I've got my M3DS on the way (thanks to Dealwoot) and my MicroSD card. [​IMG] I could jump for joy! [​IMG]

17. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    [​IMG]
    Congrats!!!!!
    When stuff arrives, write, so we can kow if everything went well!!!

18. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    Got my MicroSD card in the mail today. Looks good, but now I've put it in the TransFlash Adapter that came with it, and can't get it out. Might have to buy another. [​IMG]

Still waiting for my M3 DS Real to arrive, I'm thinking it might be here by Monday.

EDIT: Figured out how to get it out now. [​IMG]

19. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Funny you say this, because the very same thing happened to me with SanDisk 4 GB....I was so pissed, I was ready to break the adapter, just to get the microSD out, and then it became loose, so I was like pfffff...Decided to never use that adapter, it's not like a have 5 others so...

20. Zyenet
    OP

United States
    Mine was a SanDisk too. Weird. At least it fixed the problem I had using the Twilight Hack. [​IMG] (Couldn't get it to work on my old SD, but this MicroSD in the adapter works. [​IMG])

EDIT: My M3 DS Real just arrived in the mail! I went out to check my mailbox just in case it was there... AND IT WAS! Everything went very well, only complaint I have is the problem with getting the MicroSD in and out of the M3. Another oddity, was that it had the M3 Sakura logo on the box. Not sure why.

So, I've now entered the world of M3 DS Real. Thanks everyone! [​IMG]