Hacking Does the gamecart work in SysNand if fuse is blown?

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Apologies if this has been asked, but using the search function I could only find threads regarding bans or support for atmosphere.

I understand that upgrading the firmware can blow the fuse in the gamecart slot so it will never work again in CFW.
But if I switch back to SysNand, does it work? Or is it broken for good no matter what I do?

Also, if I replace the gamecart slot since it’s modular, would that fix it?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The gamecart will NOT break by updating the firmware
The gamecart has its own firmware that will be updated together with the HOS firmware (main Switch firmware). If the HOS firmware and gamecart firmware doesn't match then the gamecart doesn't work. So if you update sysmmc but not emummc then the gamecart will only work in sysmmc. To fix it simply update emummc as well.
Note that not all HOS firmware updates will update the gamecart firmware

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The gamecart will NOT break by updating the firmware
The gamecart has its own firmware that will be updated together with the HOS firmware (main Switch firmware). If the HOS firmware and gamecart firmware doesn't match then the gamecart doesn't work. So if you update sysmmc but not emummc then the gamecart will only work in sysmmc. To fix it simply update emummc as well.
Note that not all HOS firmware updates will update the gamecart firmware
Thanks that’s reassuring.

Can you answer this other question too?
On my main modded switch I installed atmosphere without emuNAND (because I have a separate switch to play online) and on that one the game cart reader no longer works. I installed updates via ChoiDujoirNX and later via Daybreak and somewhere along those updates the versions started to mismatch.. if I restored the switch to normal HOS and installed an update that would fix the game cart reader right?
And is there a way to manually update the reader to match the version?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
That is strange. What happens when you try to use the gamecart? Nothing or does tje Switch crash?
Does the gamecart work in ofw?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that’s reassuring.

Can you answer this other question too?
On my main modded switch I installed atmosphere without emuNAND (because I have a separate switch to play online) and on that one the game cart reader no longer works. I installed updates via ChoiDujoirNX and later via Daybreak and somewhere along those updates the versions started to mismatch.. if I restored the switch to normal HOS and installed an update that would fix the game cart reader right?
And is there a way to manually update the reader to match the version?
Did you enable nogc?

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That is strange. What happens when you try to use the gamecart? Nothing or does tje Switch crash?
Does the gamecart work in ofw?
If I insert the gamecart I get an error that the game could not be read, with any game that I tried.
I’m not sure how I can boot ofw without doing a factory reset can you guide me?
Edit: I figured it out I had to disable autoRCM and then I could boot into OFW.. and yes the game cart slot works there no problem
Post automatically merged:

Did you enable nogc?
I have auto nogc enabled if you mean that, I turned it off but It didn’t seem to do anything

Last edited by Deleted member 678442,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
There is also a noget setting in one of atmosphere config files. I can't remember whether that is used if you use Hekate fss0 to boot HOS

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
There is also a noget setting in one of atmosphere config files. I can't remember whether that is used if you use Hekate fss0 to boot HOS
Okay I copied the stratosphere.ini template into the config folder and added the line nocg = 0
It really was as simple as that and now it can read game carts again
Thanks all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol