Help / Question: Had to restore from sysnand, where to go from here?

gbaooz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short: I had to restore from a sysnand backup that I created once I initially exploited my switch, I accidentally overwrote my sysnand with a emuMMC image that I was attempting to restore onto a new SD card (why hekate has a sysnand destructive option enabled by default I will never know, but nonetheless...)

My current state is pretty much what it was like before I screwed my sysnand up, except the firmware version of the sysnand. Prior to messing up HOS I updated my firmware to the newest firmware release available. Currently, I believe the firmware version HOS is sitting on is 12.0.1 or something of the like. I unfortunately can't remember if I had autoRCM on, but I'm pretty sure that I did. If I'm understanding it correctly, assuming that it's on there aren't any fuses that are burned since there's technically not any initial boots happening after the upgrade. So my questions are this for anyone that might know:

1) Upon my initial screw up of my sysnand, and testing my screw up by booting into my "Stock Sysnand" boot option from Hekate, what is the likelihood that I banned myself by booting my hacked firmware with hacked software on it? I didn't stay on it very long after booting it, but was this a insta-ban?

2) Assuming that I had autoRCM enabled when upgrading my stock firmware, what should my upgrade path be to get myself to the latest firmware again? And viceversa, if it wasn't enabled?

I haven't used HOS very much after I successfully restored the sysnand under the assumption that Nintendo might be monitoring my firmware version or something.

Thanks in advance to any assistance and criticisms.

Last edited by gbaooz,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short: I had to restore from a sysnand backup that I created once I initially exploited my switch, I accidentally overwrote my sysnand with a emuMMC image that I was attempting to restore onto a new SD card (why hekate has a sysnand destructive option enabled by default I will never know, but nonetheless...)

My current state is pretty much what it was like before I screwed my sysnand up, except the firmware version of the sysnand. Prior to messing up HOS I updated my firmware to the newest firmware release available. Currently, I believe the firmware version HOS is sitting on is 12.0.1 or something of the like. I unfortunately can't remember if I had autoRCM on, but I'm pretty sure that I did. If I'm understanding it correctly, assuming that it's on there aren't any fuses that are burned since there's technically not any initial boots happening after the upgrade. So my questions are this for anyone that might know:

1) Upon my initial screw up of my sysnand, and testing my screw up by booting into my "Stock Sysnand" boot option from Hekate, what is the likelihood that I banned myself by booting my hacked firmware with hacked software on it? I didn't stay on it very long after booting it, but was this a insta-ban?

2) Assuming that I had autoRCM enabled when upgrading my stock firmware, what should my upgrade path be to get myself to the latest firmware again? And viceversa, if it wasn't enabled?

I haven't used HOS very much after I successfully restored the sysnand under the assumption that Nintendo might be monitoring my firmware version or something.

Thanks in advance to any assistance and criticisms.
Answered over here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10010850

Last edited by binkinator,

gbaooz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.. I guess I'm just going to attempt to upgrade again. It's more important to me to retain the things I have installed and saves that I have in HOS than it is to get banned by Nintendo.. Appreciate your assistance, and I'll see you all online after, or not! Good bye cruel internet! Blah balh blah..

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay