Gaming Does SSBB US update to 3.2U?

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having (for some incredibly obscure and dumb reason) used the update from the SSBB US to update my (for some incredibly obscure and dumb reason) unupdated 3.1J Wii. This caused a semi-brick, and I was wondering if this had updated earlier firmware U Wiis to 3.2U, so I have to wait for "3.3", or if its some other random update so I can just wait for Mario Kart Wii, which will presumably have 3.2J on it.

Thanks for any help.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ntsc smash release a v2 of 3.2 recently similar to smg had v2 of 3.1. the slightly newer update for the most part is drive checking and if the wii will find out if the disc of smash or smg is a copy and the drive chip has not been fixed to get around smash and smg's drive checks

yep twiddle your thumbs until you get that new update. a semi brick isnt too bad just a thorn on your side ;P

------------------------------------------------------------edit:

oop i forgot to link to the list of wii system updates !

Wii Update Manger > Development > Games with updates
http://wum.talevas.com/?page=dev

i didnt mention the exceptions before because i had naff all reference, but just now i ran across another thread about smash ntsc not fixing their semi brick by donkey kong jet race pal

Ssmb Wii updates, I am so mad!!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78452&hl=

the exceptions will be an earlier version update that will update even if your wii's version is newer, such as mlb's 3.1 updating on internet update 3.2_v1

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, OK...hopefully 3.3 won't be the "Lets respond to trucha etc." update... Also, is there any way to force 480p mode on games as I was planning to pick up a component cable just before this happened...hehe.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US wii at 3.1u right now. Does anything significant happen to my system if I update it with SSBB NTSC-U?

PS. Can anyone give me a brief explanation of what semi-brick (and whole brick if that's what it's called) is? Thanks

rawbier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
semi-brick: updating your wii's firmware from another region that would prevent you from accessing your settings, but still able to play games.

bricking: no way to play games or toggle settings. DAMN IT!

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rice923 said:
I have a US wii at 3.1u right now. Does anything significant happen to my system if I update it with SSBB NTSC-U?
you get to play smash x if you update to smash x's 3.2_v2 ;P
it doesnt have to be the original update either. the updates have been modified so that it's like doing the 15% trick. some ppl have had problems w/o updating their wii for smash x

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
A Simibrick is caused becurse the never firmware makes a new settings page to show the new version number etc.
And offcourse a PAL wii would link to PAL settings but if they are not there..... then you get a error.

The same is about the Wii Main Menu.

The big Super Paper Mario brick thingy was becurse of that the update that change the firmware file of the main menu and then it could not find it.

nibaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question about updates and D2C chip
I have a Jap WII with a D2C chip and the menu tells me it is 3.0J

I am shocked to learn about this bricking and breaking of Wiis. So I am looking for some help

If i put in a game that will update my wii from 3.0J > 3.XJ (SSBB ect...) as long as it is a Jap game I shouldn't have anything to worry about? even tho i have a D2C chip?
As far as i know there isn't an update for this chip?

Once this update of 3.2J has been installed from the Jap game can I then play the US version without being asked to update to 3.2U ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc