Does saving on EDGE kill your battery?

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by Weaselpipe, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Weaselpipe
    OP

Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

Nov 18, 2010
    Somewhere Else
    When I first got my EDGE a couple of years back, I was impressed at the battery usage. However over the past 9 months or so I have noticed that the more times you have to save in a game, the quicker the DS runs out of steam. The problem is not as noticable on the Lite as on the Phat but still exists.

Last night I decided to experiment with Pokemon Black, as I presume that it is quite a battery eater anyway. On my fully charged DS, saving before battles and special encounters, I got about 90 minutes before I got the red light- then next time I saved it ran out entirely. Recharged the DS fully and started again without saving. 3 and a half hours later I had still seen no red light and was getting tired, so point proved I went to bed.

I thought it may be my DS battery getting old, but I can still get a good 6-7 hours out of retail Chinatown Wars, Spirit Tracks and TWEWY- even with regular saves.

Does anybody else have this problem or is my EDGE knackered? (It didn't used to be so bad, until I played the un-save-able ROM of Spirit Tracks and kept the DS plugged in at all times so I wouldn't lose my progress)

Thanks

(P.S. If a thread exists for this problem already please reprimand me. I did a brief search to no avail)

2. netghost97

netghost97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    Indonesia
    can u pm me the link for your pokemon black game?

3. ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

Mar 23, 2009
    Vallhallah
    Do you never read?
    inb4ban [​IMG]