Hardware Does Monster Hunter Tri have copy protection / rip protection?

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have bought an official PAL copy of Monster Hunter Tri, and, like all my games, I want to be able to run it from HDD, due to faster loading times and convinience.
If I try to 'rip' the game, it starts ripping and freezes fairly soon into the process, usually at 0.13% or 0.24% and I have to hard reset the console.

The hard drive works perfectly and I have ripped numerous other games without a single problem.

Does it have some sort of protection? I find it stupid that I might to download another image of the game to install it, when i have my own official copy of the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I tried ripping it with an alternative loader (uLoader) which uses another CIOS, and now it seems to be working. So I guess there is some kind of protection. I will let you know once it rips if my problem is solved, so i can close this topic. If it is not, I shall ask for advice.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grcd said:
Okay, I have bought an official PAL copy of Monster Hunter Tri, and, like all my games, I want to be able to run it from HDD, due to faster loading times and convinience.
If I try to 'rip' the game, it starts ripping and freezes fairly soon into the process, usually at 0.13% or 0.24% and I have to hard reset the console.

The hard drive works perfectly and I have ripped numerous other games without a single problem.

Does it have some sort of protection? I find it stupid that I might to download another image of the game to install it, when i have my own official copy of the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I tried ripping it with an alternative loader (uLoader) which uses another CIOS, and now it seems to be working. So I guess there is some kind of protection. I will let you know once it rips if my problem is solved, so i can close this topic. If it is not, I shall ask for advice.
Try ripping with Hermes v4 base 38+37. It's only one I know that can be used to play the game so maybe it's the only one that can install it too.

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you please be a little more specific? I managed to rip the game succesfully, but now I can't get it to run. IOS 249 (rev19) runs the game into the menus, but when I try to load a file, Wii freezes with a long beep.

Tried running Hermes 223 v4 with 37+38 merged, but I get the exact same error.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grcd said:
Can you please be a little more specific? I managed to rip the game succesfully, but now I can't get it to run. IOS 249 (rev19) runs the game into the menus, but when I try to load a file, Wii freezes with a long beep.

Tried running Hermes 223 v4 with 37+38 merged, but I get the exact same error.
Hermes v4 38+37 is as specific as it gets. It's worked for everyone else to play the game. I got the buzz with rev19 too. If you ripped it with waninkoko rev19 changing the cIOS to hermes v4 to play might not work. Try ripping with hermes v4. For example, I use Configurable USB Loader. Try installing Hermes v4 on 22 with base 38+37 and using the cfg-222.

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That is exactly what I am doing:

IOS38 mload v4
IOS (222) mload

I have 222 IOS38+37 merged using the V4 installer.

CFG Loader 'freezes' on load screen, basically on saying 'Base: IOS38 mload v4..'

I get no other message and I have to reboot. I have installed the game using 222 38+37.

On uLoader, the game runs but freezes on the load file screen.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grcd said:
That is exactly what I am doing:

IOS38 mload v4
IOS (222) mload

I have 222 IOS38+37 merged using the V4 installer.

CFG Loader 'freezes' on load screen, basically on saying 'Base: IOS38 mload v4..'

I get no other message and I have to reboot. I have installed the game using 222 38+37.

On uLoader, the game runs but freezes on the load file screen.
Just realized that you're trying a PAL version. I'm NTSC. That's the only difference I see.

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, how can I find out if anyone managed to run a PAL version succesfully? Is this some new sort of copy protection?
Because if it is CAPCOM has failed miserably, as most of my friends buy their games officially and then run them on HDD,
so my advise to them will be to avoid buying the game and download it directly, since it won't run on their systems....

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grcd said:
So, how can I find out if anyone managed to run a PAL version succesfully? Is this some new sort of copy protection?
Because if it is CAPCOM has failed miserably, as most of my friends buy their games officially and then run them on HDD,
so my advise to them will be to avoid buying the game and download it directly, since it won't run on their systems....
Hmm. What is your drive formated to? WBFS, FAT32, NTFS? I'm on FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's just fries, make 'em at home