Hacking Does emuMMC SD Card Files Work Properly Now?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since almost 6 months now the EmuNAND on files are well supported and fast as a partition. Read the Atmosphère release page
Make no mistake.File-based emunand are still prone to corrupt. Make no mistake. While they are supported they are not stable. Just like ExFat. Partition based are still better.

I read the release notes. I have a strong understanding and i discussed it in the last 2 months with several people including some atmo devs. Just go partition based. 0 disadvantage

It's good to have a proper answer on this thread for the people in the future.

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using Atmos with a file emummc for the past few months without any issue, I've used exFat since day one on my switch and the SD Card still reads without any corruption after a few years so I guess this really is about how often do you write/delete stuff rather than "YOU CANNOT USE FILES or EXFat" speech....

Edit: Both my SD Cards are Samsung EVO 256/512 and both only bought for the switch.

Reactions: impeeza

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Atmos with a file emummc for the past few months without any issue, I've used exFat since day one on my switch and the SD Card still reads without any corruption after a few years so I guess this really is about how often do you write/delete stuff rather than "YOU CANNOT USE FILES or EXFat" speech....

It's about how often you turn your system on and off, it's about how often you stop quit games, it's about a lot of things. It only takes one time to lose all your saves. Why not go partition based? It's smarter. It's not a question of if it's a question of when.

That's kind of like I never get into accidents so why should I wear a seatbelt?

Bad advice

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah sure, makes sense...I would tell him to do partition emunand as well...better safe than sorry...But my point is that you are too sure that corruption will occur and maybe it won't...If my ExFat card that I still use for SX OS gets corrupted now after 3 years... so be it...everything there I've played to my exhaustion, I would format and start again...

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sure, makes sense...I would tell him to do partition emunand as well...better safe than sorry...But my point is that you are too sure that corruption will occur and maybe it won't...If my ExFat card that I still use for SX OS gets corrupted now after 3 years... so be it...everything there I've played to my exhaustion, I would format and start again...
Why not just convert it? Its easy. I would convert the sx emunand to an atmosphere nand. Then make a second hidden partition emunand for sx. Shrink it down to 8gb for saves and make super XCI out of the games. The whole SX install takes 8GB on the SD. Both SX and Atmo have their own hidden partitions. Could add ubuntu and android partitions too.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.