Does EFA 512Mb have real time clock system?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by kokie, Feb 27, 2008.

Feb 27, 2008
  1. kokie
    OP

Newcomer kokie Newbie

Thailand
    Well, in the official review on this website ,it said that the card has real time clock system.Then some guy in some topic said that the card doesn't have real time clock system and everyone seems to agree???

I'm really confuse.Please enlighten me.

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    The EFA does have a real time clock, except for the simple version. The battery is rechargeable too.

3. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you've bought your EFA just recently, chances are, you've received an EFA Simple. Most onlineshops don't mention the fact that it's in fact the Simple version without RTC. Tough luck!

I think I've read that the "full" EFA (with RTC) isn't even being produced anymore.

4. kokie
    OP

Newcomer kokie Newbie

Thailand
    They stoped producing EFA with RTC? That's lame. Though I'll still order an EFA anyway since the other card with RTC (M3 or something) is too expensive, the pokemon games aren't hot enought to make up for prices difference.

Thank you all for the answers.

5. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Go ahead and get the EFA Simple. I bought one (unknowingly, so to speak, expecting a "full" EFA) and am perfectly happy with it.
    Or you could get an EZIV. DX just got them in stock yesterday. Removable (and expandable) memory is a nice extra!