Does CTRNAND Transfer to 2.1 Install Browser module?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DualBladedKirito, Apr 14, 2017.

1. DualBladedKirito
    OP

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Hello if this is the wrong thread mod pls move it.

I am trying to install a9llh on my friend's o3ds. I've successfully done this on my own N3DS XL so i thought it would be simple right? no such luck.. My friends O3DS was on 2.2.0.U when i got it from him. Cart updated it to 7.1.0U to use CTRNand transfer but ran into a snag. His browser won't even open. As soon as I tap it it says The internet browser is unavaible until you perform a system update through system settings. what are my options now? My friend has no money to buy a new one at the moment. I hoping if i cart update to 9.2.0U and use cubic ninja i can downgrade. but will ctrNand transfer to 2.1 fix my browser issues since it is essentially a universal NAND backup? help me out here pls.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yep, you can update to 9.x with a cart and use Cubic Ninja. CTR transfers do contain browsers, but you will restore a NAND backup after installing a9lh which means you lose the browser again. However, you will then do a normal online system update and get the browser back again.