Does anyone remember the ORIGINAL gbatemp?

• Thread starter Sobtanian
  • Start date
  • Views 3,093
  • Replies 24
S

Sobtanian

OP
Hello all,

Been on these boards since 02, rarely post but lurch around almost daily
biggrin.gif

I posted today and realised I'm member 264 (I think), which got me thinking, how many people here are still active from that era?

From the time when gbatemp was exactly as it says on the tin: it had direct download links for the latest GBA rom releases, the temp being that it was the latest 10 or so, hence the ROMS
were temp there until new releases came out (daily!).

It was great while it lasted.

Anyone else remember this? Or am I the only oldie here
tongue.gif

EDIT: it's great to see the site fledge in to what it is now, a varied and very active forum covering all our Nintendo hacking needs, and all the reviews. Great stuff!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is pretty cool in my opinion... GBAtemp was such a small community before, and now it has out grown any flashcart discussion board~!

I am a member 125,855... Super big number, but I wish I knew about GBAtemp ever since it started. I would love to advance in a community that just starts ^^

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, but I have read the wiki, so I know about the original GBAtemp. Back then I had just discovered that I could play the newest Pokémon game before anyone else by using an emulator and the US version
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, close to that time. I first started lurking around here as a guest in '03. I still remember the first time I discovered gbatemp. I was lying in a hospital bed recovering from my second surgery to fix a herniated disk in my back (soccer injury, or "football" for those outside the US). I was scouring the internet looking for something to occupy my drug-infused mind and I stumbled onto gbatemp. I thougt is was great. At the time, I had never seen a sight like this. It then took me 5 years of visiting on a daily basis to finally decide I wanted to become a member. Great place!

S

Sobtanian

OP
@Thug LOL I think I remember you and might even have some PM from you about xbox/gba emulation or something
biggrin.gif

Also, we joined the same day but there's 200 members between us
biggrin.gif

I remember gbatemp as a one page thing: game/picture/link to rom. Click - download. Nothing more, but nothing more needed.

Awesome.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well I remember those days as well, though I wasn't a member...
strangely enough, I remember the release of megaman battle network 2... did I see it here, or was it in the #gbatemp channel?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
man it sounds like it was cool

but i bet that it was better when they wernt 2 afraid to host roms

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smoko said:
shaunj66 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Wat i wanna know is if costellos member number really is 255 originally and not just changed to that.
It is originally 255. Why would he change it?

Maybe he's a white supremacist.

I don't see the connection.

I always thought it was changed though, what with it being the largest possible 8 bit integer (FF)

Smoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
I don't see the connection.

I always thought it was changed though, what with it being the largest possible 8 bit integer (FF)

I was going on how his user number may be a subtle hint about how much he enjoys setting all RGB values to 255.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-