Hacking Does anyone remember Luma 8.1 shortcuts? (HELP)

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So me from the past thought it was best in slot kosher idea to use the boot.firm on nand on one of my systems.

I didn't remember that, and updated. Now won't boot. No biggie because is just incompatibility with the old sig patches with the new version. The problem is the system is preferring Luma 8.1 from NAND boot.firm instead of the 10.2 updated boot.firm from the SD.

I would like to run GM9 or something to erase that thing from the NAND but for the love of all that is sacred cannot remember the folder structure/file names/version to instruct the boot.firm in the nand to chainload to something in the SD.

Halp I'm stuck haha.

SOLVED: I had the SD formatted as exFat. I'm dumb af.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The chainloader is on start, as usual; of course, if you don't have any arm9 .firm program in /luma/payloads of the same drive luma is running from, it's not very useful

Solve the real problem (SD not being read, SD partition and/or filesystem issues, /boot.firm on SD) instead :)

oh, and all of this assuming you're using B9S, which you are not forced to (from how you describe the issue you might have even flashed luma directly to a kernel partition)

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The chainloader is on start, as usual; of course, if you don't have any arm9 .firm program in /luma/payloads of the same drive luma is running from, it's not very useful

Solve the real problem (SD not being read, SD partition and/or filesystem issues, /boot.firm on SD) instead :)

oh, and all of this assuming you're using B9S, which you are not forced to (from how you describe the issue you might have even flashed luma directly to a kernel partition)

Can you elaborate? I have little context. I do believe the system has B9S.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest Luma3DS on the root of your SD card, you can follow this guide:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

That being said, the only reason the Luma3DS on your NAND would be booted over the SD version is if there's something wrong with your SD card or the SD version of Luma3DS. I recommend deleting Luma3DS and redownloading it. I would also recommend checking what happens with a different SD card.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do believe the system has B9S.
B9S will always run /boot.firm on the root of the SD first (this assumes it can get to the file, which in turn requires a working and mountable SD, as well as that file being in the correct format) before trying that same path from ctrnand, then twlnand, then (probably) twlphoto

Since you believe luma 8.1 works fine from ctrnand, a good test would be to reformat the SD with the official SD Association/Tuxera tool, afterwards reformat it to fat32 if it is an SDXC, download and extract luma 8.1 and GM9 to it, and see if it now works from SD; if it doesn't, suspect the card itself and/or the console's slot

D

Deleted User

B9S will always run /boot.firm on the root of the SD first (this assumes it can get to the file, which in turn requires a working and mountable SD, as well as that file being in the correct format) before trying that same path from ctrnand, then twlnand, then (probably) twlphoto
B9S doesn't check in TWL anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol