Gaming Does anyone remeber this mario kart feature?

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, so back in the day i had mario kart ds on my flashcard and i remeber playing the luigi's mansion map, but the controls were always switched. I really liked that actually, so when i got mario kart again the first thing i played was luigi's mansion but the controls were normal for some reason. It can't be region difference (and i mean, why would it be?) Because i got my save file from my flashcard and it worked so yeah.
I can't seem to find anything about the feature online so i thought I'd ask it here!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I know of one way of getting the controls mirrored, and if you played Mario Kart off a flashcard, maybe the ROM or the save file were patched to include this?

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As in, the controls were swapped in your save file?
no, the controls were mirrored (forgot the word when writing the post lol) when i had the game on my flashcard. i copied both the rom and the .sav to my sd when jailbreaking my dsi but somehow the bug is gone
Post automatically merged:

I think one of the missions in Mission Mode had you win a race on Luigi's Mansion with switched controls. Maybe that's what you were remembering?
wait that might be it! hold on, i'm gonna check
*edited*
yeah that was it, tysm!

Reactions: orangy57 and IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...