Hacking Does anyone program Lua using SD card?

Largo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

i programmed a lot of very poor stuff on the psp but got extremely bored of this peace of hardware so now i like to port my projects to the DS. I used Lua, which was great for beginners. Now i 've seen Lua for DS (http://www.dslua.com/), but there is no real info if it's already running on M3 SD cards.

Anyone of you using this combination?

Thanks,
Largo

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Cor, thanks for this, hadn't heard of it before and it looks great. Will stick it on my miniSD card later and have a muck about with it :-)

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Hey guys,

i programmed a lot of very poor stuff on the psp but got extremely bored of this peace of hardware so now i like to port my projects to the DS. I used Lua, which was great for beginners. Now i 've seen Lua for DS (http://www.dslua.com/), but there is no real info if it's already running on M3 SD cards.

Anyone of you using this combination?

Thanks,
Largo

There are several development packages you could use for porting your projects to ds. You obviously know of Lua but you could also try PAlib as that is also starting to become very popular amongst people just starting out. I havn't had time yet to learn any of it myself and probably won't for some time but there are alot of tutorials about and I am sure you will easily port your applications to run on M3 SD. If you browse around some of the homepages of the other homebrew games (there aren't that many, yet...) you will find good tutorials.

Snowball Battle was made using an M3 but I am unsure if that is SD or CF.

A post here on lua forums where someone was having problems running Lua on thier M3 SD
wink.gif

There is a competition on NeoFlash.com where you can win a prize on a Nintendo Wii so you may want to keep your projects quiet and post them there instead. The competition ends at the end of August.

It would be good to see some of your projects. I could post them on the news page of my webpage for you when you are done if you let me know your progress.

PAlib Forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1