Does anyone know where i can find a reliable multipurpose screwdriver tool kit?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want one that can be used on any dumb screw that happens to come across on my stuff, a controller, a console, a portable device, laptop, pc, whatever, one took kit to rule them all, those dumb screws. So many screws i can't open cause they either not the right size or not the right shape, so just a good suggestion would be nice. :unsure:

So far i found this one. https://tinyurl.com/ldo4fzw

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want one that can be used on any dumb screw that happens to come across on my stuff, a controller, a console, a portable device, laptop, pc, whatever, one took kit to rule them all, those dumb screws. So many screws i can't open cause they either not the right size or not the right shape, so just a good suggestion would be nice. :unsure:
I picked up an iFix it tool kit from fries electronics, has all the bets I'll ever need

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Joe88,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't found one set that covers every type of screw out there, just get a couple of different sets, it's not a big deal.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep in mind there will always be new screw types, and actual one way screws.
What I am more here to say is I am increasingly encountering small screws down long holes, not quite such that I need my telescopic set but more than enough that a fat old screwdriver set that swaps bits out is too big to get where it needs to go.
To that end you may wish to complement your set with some dedicated screwdrivers, your usual cross head selection (including JIS), flat blade and security torx will probably do here.

Equally if you are kitting out for this a label removing tool, and a proper spudger (there are a few out there, but definitely don't just get the sort of things you get in phone repair kits, though do have those on hand as well to sacrifice) are must haves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: