Hardware Does anyone know the core cause of the Wii U 160-1400 error?

straferz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is what I know so far:

When going to Nintendo's support page, here is what they have to say about solving the error:
  1. Ensure your system has the latest update
  2. Once the system is updated, remove any discs that may be inserted into the system
  3. Reboot the system
While I imagine doing all those steps will actually solve the issue, here's the problem. Whenever I try booting up my Wii U, shortly after, it will show an error screen, and I will be unable to update my device.

Here's a video showing what happens when I boot up my console in action:

Someone on this forum made a post similar to this one back in 2016, and from what I can tell, they had no luck trying to solve this issue. One user said: "This might be the Wii U's version of the red ring of death."

However, that post was made five years ago, and as far as I know, someone has already discovered a way to fix this error. If anyone has any information on what is causing this error, please share them below!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Official Nintendo support pages are always very helpful. "Try again, update, power cycle." "If the problem persists, contact support." Support will say "Send in the console." or "We don't repair this device anymore."

I will drop this link here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/absolute-fix-to-160-1400-error.572879/
There is some information about a possible reason.

Can't help further.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)